SIGXFSZ runtime error

I am getting SIGXFSZ runtime error for a problem. What is the possible reason for this error?

10 Likes

It is “exceeded file size”.

Your program is outputting too much values, that the output file generated is having a size larger than that is allowable.

Are you sure, you are getting this in codechef??

8 Likes

sometimes i get this error when the input statements in my code dont match the input given by the input file.for example if your input file has total 50 values but you try to read 50+ values you can get a SIGXFSZ error.that why it says execeeded filesize.you are reading more inputs than available from the test file.

3 Likes

I just got this error because I was not answering the question MOD 1000000007. Perhaps, this increased the file size so much it, gave me a Runtime Error with SIGXFSZ.

2 Likes

In my case, getting a lot of outputs leads to this. Actually, I forget to comment out the unwanted print statement.

5 Likes

I have got this error on other online IDEs. But never on codechef. Whenever, there is some extra output, that would be judged wrong answer, immediately. That is why I asked whether you are getting this error on codechef.

2 Likes

May be stray/extra white-spaces can be the reason.

1 Like

Ya I got this in codechef… Thanx for the answer

Thanks for saving my day!
For those using EOF and getting this error never use
while(EOF)

instead try

while(scanf("%d", &s));

For reason search on google about EOF

1 Like

I was getting this error due to an infinite while loop running in which break statement was missing.

Just an addition for somebody who may come on this page finding for an answer in the future.
This error may also occur if you are printing more spaces than are required.
For large amounts of data even one space per iterations becomes significant.
Watch out for any extra spaces you may be printing.

2 Likes

In this 2020 April long challenge, that error was driving me nuts. The actual logic to the problem was very easy but I was stuck with that problem for 2 days bcz of that error as I was printing an extra space at end of each line. In every long challenge, I learn about such little mistakes. All thanks to the creators. And hope your comment helps anyone facing this weird error.

1 Like