What are some basic dynamic programming questions on CodeChef?

Completely new to DP. I want to solve some easy questions to improve my understanding of this concept.

If you could provide with a list of basic questions on DP ( with a small hint in one line- if its okay for learners ), I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Did you look up Dynamic Prog Coding Problems - CodeChef ??

4 Likes

basics of dynamic programming have been in this video hope you find it useful:

@paulrishav93 : Below is list of questions based on DP . I hope this list is helpful . You can read a question and attempt it and if you have any difficulty solving it , raise it by starting a new thread on Code Chef Discuss and we will help you . I am sure at least half the questions in the list below are easily doable , the other half may require some skill in using Dynamic programming and trial and error and discussion on Code Chef Discuss with others will help you solve the other half also .

AMXOR ,
AMBALLS ,
AMSEQT ,
LECOINS ,
LEMAGIC ,
TOURNAM ,
COUPON ,
TABUS ,
AMSGAME2 ,
KNGHTMOV ,
PARPOLY ,
LEMOUSE ,
LYRC ,
CNTSOLS ,
SHIRO ,
RDF ,
DELISH ,
WSTRING ,
LEPAPER ,
CIELBALL ,
CIELHACK ,
FAVNUM ,
MATRIX2 ,
CANDYGAM ,
DIVPRO ,
DIAMOND ,
FCBARCA ,
DBOY ,
LUKYDRIV .

15 Likes

Thanks for the link. But, I cannot differentiate between questions that require fundamental DP skills or otherwise. There may be a question tagged as “easy”, whereas it may require some other concepts as well. I am a newbie and really do not know most algorithms.

For example, there is a question FIRESC (Mar '13) based on graphs, that was really elementary and just required me to code up the DFS algorithm. I’m looking for something similar in DP.

@paulrishav Ok, here is a very easy one for you: This is from projecteuler.net

Try #18 Maximum Path Sum I - Project Euler and #67 Maximum Path Sum II - Project Euler

Also, @vineetpaliwal has taken the pain to give you a wonderful list of problems, that you can try! Do try all of them! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks a lot for this @vineetpaliwal

I sure will. Thanks a lot. @tijoforyou

1 Like