I am accused of cheating (Need Response)

Assalamualaikum all codechef user.

First of all im indonesian, and i like this platform , i want to give clarification and some statment about this accuse

I got an email from ****@codechef.com

it say

“We found few of your codes in October Challenge 2018 Division 2 to be similar with one another user’s submissions. We have disqualified all your submissions. Your rating will be dropped by 275 points as penalty.”

my code

SOMEONE THAT I DONT KNOW HOW CAN GET MY CODE (HACKING ?)

Someone in codechef please review again my code and consider this point

1. IM INDONESIAN AND I HAVE MY OWN WATERMARK IN MY CODE , YOU CAN SEE MY WATERMARK IN THE FIRST,SECOND AND THIRD LINE OF MY CODE IT CLEARLY THAT IM INDONESIAN , AND PLS SEE MY OTHE CODE , I HAVE SIMILIAR WATERMARK :cry:

1. IF U SEE MY CODE , THERE IS INDONESIAN WORD LIKE “WAKTU” IN ENGLISH IS “TIME” , SO THIS USER IS INDIAN DUDE , INDONESIAN LANGUAGE >< INDIAN , SO ITS CLEARLY THAT HE COPY MY CODE IN A WAY THAT I DONT KNOW HOW , MAYBE THEREIS BUG IN YOUR SYSTEM (CODECHEF) PLS CONSIDER THIS AS FALSE ACCUSE

2. THE DUDE THAT COPYING ME IS LITERALLY FORGOT TO DELETE MY COMMENT IN LINE 32-34 THAT WRITTEN IN INDONESIAN LANGUAGE !!

3. AND THE LAST , IM NEW IN HERE , THIS PLATFORM. I LIKE THIS PLATFORM, PLS DONT CHANGE MY MIND BECAUSE OF THIS.

and for other user , yes i am from indonesia , sorry for bringing indian name, because that dude copy my code in a way that is mysterious, im not racist.

P.S : if you , the person that email me , i just want to thank that u falsely accuse me , sorry for bad english

UPDATE : why im bringing this stuff up and write it down in this forum is because i dont want this “BUG” happen to other user, dont easily accuse someone , and pls review their code in-depth, and compare with other of their code,thanks.

2 Likes

Looks like an ideone case.
Although It’s completely user’s responsibility to protect his code, But its sad to see innocent people getting punished.
I think codechef should display Instructions on how use ideone properly on top of problem page itself, till the user solves certain no. of problem, say 30.
In your case, I wish you do not get punished, but I am afraid You’ll be.
Its very easy to pick your ratings up when it is lower, even if you solve less problem. But it will take time.
Next time, please use ideone properly, or code at own computer.
I am tagging @admin for consideration though.
Another offender here, This User has plagiarized twice before. Take necessary action.

1 Like

I am super new to CodeChef so don’t know what is going in here…Someone or @admin plzz help me to figure it out…how to protect my code??

The policy of codechef if that, even if its clear who copied who, punish both because you failed to protect/secure your code from getting copied. Did you use ideone by any chance?

Yep, it looks like an ideone case

after long research i think yes , this is my fault because using ideone and forgot to make it unpublic , but pls im new here , i will learn . After all thanks dude :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, this is because of ideone :frowning: but pls dont decrease my rating, im new here :frowning:

I dont think the request will be taken - so far and so long, no exception in cases of ideone are heard. Sorry dear :frowning:

1 Like

Don’t worry.
Your rating is 1484.
If you participate in 3-4 rated contest ( and solve 1-2 problem only per contest ) your rating will be up.
Suggestions for admin :
I think codechef should display Instructions on how use ideone properly on top of problem page itself, till the user solves certain no. of problem, say 30.

dont use online editor like ideone/pastebin for sure