Types of Ranklists on CodeChef

I am planning to host a contest for my college. Can someone please tell me about the various types of rank lists that I can have for my contest?

2 Likes

There are multiple types of ranklists that you can apply to your contests. They are listed below :

1. Score Based Ranklist:

• You will be ranked only on the basis of the score that you get. The score is the total number of points that you get in a contest.
  • There are no penalties, so you can submit solutions as many times as you want.
  • The time elapsed is not considered.
  • The ties are unresolved.
  • Compilation Error does not contribute towards penalty.
  • This type of ranklist is typically used in CodeChef Long Challenges. E.g:CodeChef’s October Long Challenge 2014..

2. ACM Style Ranklist:

• You will be ranked on the basis of the score you get.

• In case of a tie, the rankings will be determined by the sum of the total time elapsed when you submitted the correct submission plus a penalty of 20 minutes (this has been reduced to 10 minutes for Cook-Offs) for every rejected submission (Wrong answer, Time limit exceeded, Runtime Error) for a problem you solved.

• Getting Compilation Error does not contribute towards the 20 minute penalty.

• The time elapsed or penalty is not considered for any unsolved problem.

• This type of ranklist is typically used in CodeChef Cook Off’s. E.g:CodeChef’s October Cook-Off 2014.

3. IOI Style Ranklist:

• You will be ranked on the basis of the score that you get.

• There are no penalties for wrong submissions, so you can submit solutions as many times as you’d like.

• However, only your best correct submission will be considered.

• In case of a tie, user achieving the score first will be placed on top.

• This type of ranklist is used in CodeChef LunchTimes. E.g: CodeChef’s Lunchtime contest..

5 Likes