snackdown'17 qualifer certificates?????

when will we get the snackdown 2017 qualifer round certificates???

@admin

this is also mentioned there “Teams advancing to Elimination Round will get a website domain name from Radix Registry.”.

2 Likes

Honestly, I don’t understand the point of giving certificates to every team that passed the qualifiers since the qualifier was way too easy. A certificate should be something of value that only the best performers get.

They should give different certificates for people who made it to different rounds and to the one’s that were able to solve a question in the elimination round to recognize the effort.

I mean someone who was ranked 60 in the elimination round and someone who was ranked 12000 in the qualifier getting the same certificate is pretty unfair.

9 Likes

Well, if we are discussing regarding the certificates, I think i should also put forward my perspective.

Of course, as everyone already knows, certificates for qualifier round has…very little value w.r.t. your proficiency in coding, because even a newbie could easily solve atleast 1 problem.

According to me, their reasoning behind this certificate is that it will act as a ‘participation certificate’. Furthermore, its clear that many of the teams wont make it past the pre-eli or elimination round. Many teams will feel like “I dont know anything…” when they would be unable to solve the problem. Perhaps as a consolation to them making so far, they decided to give a participation certificate to motivate the teams to improve AND (more importantly) participate in snackdown next year. (2 things to be considered- You’d participate if their is some prospective of you getting something, and secondly you wont feel that much discouraged if you get a certifcate. Else teams may feel that “We are wayy too newbies” and refrain from participating following this ideology).

But well, i think if qualifying round has certificate, pre-eli or atleast Elimination round should also give a separate certificate. Just my suggestion (Need views of you people on this!)

(PS: Ranks being given on certificates will kind of defeat the “motivation” gotten from them. Thats why high and low rankers are given same certificate, UNDER THE ASSUMPTION, that high rank coders will earn more prizes anyway. You guys are requested to give your views on this too!)

Hi @all, the certificate also consists of the round that they have participated i.e those who have qualified qualification round will get a certificate mentioning that they have qualified/participated in Qualification Round. Additionally, we are planning to incorporate the Global rank in the certificate. Furthermore, certificate of appreciation will be provided to top 300 teams in the elimination round. We hope this should help.

3 Likes

thanks everyone for the answers…

How will we get the certificates and do they have names written on it or just the team name . Also want to know if we get two different certi for the members or one for the team.

1 Like

still waiting for certificates.

hey can anyone tell when the certificates would be given to the qualifying teams?

ask @admin

do u know parth191?

any info about the domain names?

Finally the certificates of snackdown 2017 has been updated.

Didn’t receive the certificate @admin ??

yess my team mate also didnt recieve the certificates?

I have got the certificates.

@vivek96
@am10

As far as I know ,only the owner of the team got the certificate and not the second person . I dont know why . Even I did not receive it.

Still not received certificate!!!?

Got the certificates. Now what about the domain names??

I didn’t get any email about Radix domain. Can anyone tell me the reason?