astonished to see the number of submissions

Right Guys. This is spoiling the CodeChef fun. Please do something to stop this. I am also shocked by this news.

yes
this should be stopped

could not upvote due to less karma , can someone upvote me please!

1 Like

What codechef can do is ,during the contest ,the display page on which the question appears ,that can be restricted such that no one can cut/copy or paste anything from that page. So that people cannot copy the code from various sources & paste it on the IDE.**
**This way they’ll have to type the code anyhow.

If cut,copy,paste is prohibited then people can’t copy code from the ide/texteditor in which they code like codeblocks,dev etc.Passionate people always avoid these malpractices.People who copy paste other’s code will do it for only few months and after that he/she would get bored and will have no pleasure doing that.But once if he/she thinks for days and gets a green tick,the pleasure he/she would get cannot be equalised even by royal riches.So my advice for people who copy is to awake asap and enjoy the pleasure of getting green ticks by yourself.

I dont think copy pasting is a major problem here. Infact, the problem is copying someone else’s logic or way of solving a problem without making any major effort from ur side.

I also believe in a fair and square contest . Any form of illegal actions should be taken care of. But i am unable to upvote due to less karma to show my support.

The account of the person amit amit(youtube channel) was identified and banned just after the contest ended.

I also wanted to upvote ,but due to less karma I couldn’t.

1 Like

with august challnge coming up , this should not repeat or else the fun enthu will be spoiled

1 Like

yes the people who are newbies will feel demotivated due to this cause.

2 Likes

admin should take necessary actions against it. @admin

1 Like

done bro…

2 Likes

Here, have my upvote :slight_smile:

but seems the admin is avoiding it.

1 Like

admin has the power to take actions .but it does not, unfair enough

1 Like

I too noted the same! Had a post regarding this too… Utkarsh advised to mail at feedback[at]codechef[dot]com. Let’s do it and make the admin aware!

1 Like

i can guess the power codechef has , he can have a talk to the youtube section guys, and may be there is some law related to this

2 Likes

you sure that he is the guy.

1 Like

Yes. But don’t know if he has some other codechef account toofrom which he operates. And I also don’t know if he is alone. But I’m sre he is one of them