astonished to see the number of submissions

If cut,copy,paste is prohibited then people can’t copy code from the ide/texteditor in which they code like codeblocks,dev etc.Passionate people always avoid these malpractices.People who copy paste other’s code will do it for only few months and after that he/she would get bored and will have no pleasure doing that.But once if he/she thinks for days and gets a green tick,the pleasure he/she would get cannot be equalised even by royal riches.So my advice for people who copy is to awake asap and enjoy the pleasure of getting green ticks by yourself.

I dont think copy pasting is a major problem here. Infact, the problem is copying someone else’s logic or way of solving a problem without making any major effort from ur side.

I also believe in a fair and square contest . Any form of illegal actions should be taken care of. But i am unable to upvote due to less karma to show my support.

The account of the person amit amit(youtube channel) was identified and banned just after the contest ended.

I also wanted to upvote ,but due to less karma I couldn’t.

1 Like

with august challnge coming up , this should not repeat or else the fun enthu will be spoiled

1 Like

yes the people who are newbies will feel demotivated due to this cause.

2 Likes

admin should take necessary actions against it. @admin

1 Like

done bro…

2 Likes

Here, have my upvote :slight_smile:

but seems the admin is avoiding it.

1 Like

admin has the power to take actions .but it does not, unfair enough

1 Like

I too noted the same! Had a post regarding this too… Utkarsh advised to mail at feedback[at]codechef[dot]com. Let’s do it and make the admin aware!

1 Like

i can guess the power codechef has , he can have a talk to the youtube section guys, and may be there is some law related to this

2 Likes

you sure that he is the guy.

1 Like

Yes. But don’t know if he has some other codechef account toofrom which he operates. And I also don’t know if he is alone. But I’m sre he is one of them

Check this out. Here you can clearly see that he has posted the solution - http://codesfiction.com/2017/07/10/codechef-july-challenge-2017-ipc-trainers/#comment-732

Codechef should also take action against those who have taken benefit from it. this can be found out from the comments. Such contests shouldn’t be rated since so many people have cheated. It’s not fair.

1 Like

One way I think we can stop them is to publicly harass them across various platforms- Fb, stackoverflow, LinkedIn, etc. It’s not that tough to find their profiles…

sad to see that admin is just keeping a mum on it .