Cheating : July long 2017

Hello Community!
I found a YouTube channel which posted videos of solutions of many of the July Long Challenge problems! Here is a link to one of the video I found : link.
I found the video when the challenge was live but did not post it since it would encourage more copying! Some strict action should be taken against such channels and I request @admin to take some steps as this types of things ruin the leaderboard!
Hope we have fair long challenges soon!

10 Likes

This type of cheating shouldn’t be encouraged as everyone tries hard to solve a problem and get AC and then this cheated ones who get the solutions by simply … huh can’t tolerate.
Please try to reduce these for the upcoming challenges.

Report that channel guys !!! Its the only thing we can do sitting at home !

7 Likes

next time if this kind of thing happens pls inform the admin guyzz asap :slight_smile:

I wonder how you found that channel.

3 Likes

@sanket407 reporting the channel is not the only way to stop cheating in competition. Because today there is one guy who is doing this. Tomorrow there will be someone else who will be doing the same thing. Hence there should be a permanent solution for this stuff. Like banning the guy from Codechef itself and questions should be visible to those only who are registered for the contest. Though I reported that channel :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Banning helps this time but for further competitions?? Have some mind and try it on your guys. You can’t get the happiness after doing on your own and getting AC!! It’s what makes the Coding Beautiful…

wtf! my entire 10 days were of no use :frowning:

I very well understand this concern of cheating, but reporting it on forum does more harm than good. This thing has been reported earlier too, @admin will see whatever action he can take to tackle this cheating.

But, if you report it at discuss, people who were unaware of this will also know of these channels/links/blogs, and a percentage of them will hop down there during next month’s long to increase rank.

3 Likes

Reporting is not a solution he can create a new Channel His channel is not so Grown up so that he will regret for it

Now in Every Contest Many user will first search for the video if there are available for that contest this is spoiling competion :frowning:

Hey guys!! As @vijju123 mentioned above, we should not make others aware of any such material. Please, just report it to admin.

1 Like

hey “amit amit” please don’t upload such kind of videos related to ongoing contest. Believe me you are not helping anybody. If a person wana learn, he will definitely try to solve the problem by himself instead of watching some video.

If you really wana help people choose topics, make videos on them or choose question which are not related to ongoing contest.

1 Like

@amit_369 is admin of the youtube channel amit amit because his codes(solutions) are exactly as in the video(without comments).
Link to his video and here’s his solution.
@admin please block him forever.

1 Like

@admin please stop this guy from doing the same in the long contest.It reduces the fun of the contest ! :frowning:

1 Like

Hello Guys mark that channel as inappropriate. We dont have any other option.

You can mail this to feedback[at]codechef[dot]com

1 Like

Definitely will… I even urge u guyz to do the same!

1 Like

i agree if a lot of people report it it will go off

I watch a lot of videos on YouTube related to coding. I have even subscribed to most of the good channels! I got a suggestion one day of one of its video (possibly due to my subscriptions to other coding channels).

1 Like