Is it rated or not?

The rating for the July Cook-off hasn’t been updated yet. But I haven’t found any official statement about this round’s being unrated.

So do anyone know the official news - will this contest be rated or not?

P.S: I personally think this round should be unrated.

Why the hell do you think round should be unrated?

don’t you know what happened? you may see this link:

link

Please dont make this unrated. Please dont make this unrated. ;-;-;

unrated or not, they should make an official statement.

a free roll can be done for this contest

yes, that is a good idea @drjaat

I agree with @sudip_95

This round should be unrated because most of the active participants know that there is no partial grading for Cook-Offs, so there is no use submitting a bruteforce solution and get a TLE verdict. I (and most of us) could have easily solved 4 questions by using bruteforce but since I knew it wouldn’t pass I did not submit it. So this makes it unfair for people like me(and others) who think about complexity and expected execution time well before submitting.

1 Like

@ista2000 , rejudging the solutions isn’t a solution, I think. because just giving TLE to those contestants who made a bruteforce solution is also unfair. Because if they got TLE during the contest, they’d have tried and could’ve solved the problem. I don’t know about codechef, but in codeforces this type of round is declared unrated in a matter of seconds(even in the middle of the contest)

wow @hruday968 , that’s so sensible of you. can you just tell me why you voted down all of my comments or post?

@sudip_95 Please note that results of a contest are never judged on the potential of the contestant. If they could’ve solved the problem that doesn’t matter. All matters is whether they have solved the problem or not. So, rejudging is definitely a solution perhaps the best one. And the contest should definitely be rated but after the rejudging.

@sudip_95 now will come to know who is selfish

![alt text][1]

Rating predictor is showing that your rating will be decreased by 162 and hence you want this round to be unrated.This shows how selfish you are.
![alt text][2]

And i want this round to be rated even though my rating decreases.

Note:I answered here because i can’t upload images in comment section.
[1]: https://discuss.codechef.com/upfiles/bitch_YmMN6LR.JPG
[2]: https://discuss.codechef.com/upfiles/mine.JPG

Please give them some time. Dont push/hurry over this. Let them take as much time they need, because lots of things are needed to be done to arrive to final decision. Namely, they need to find rough estimate of affected solutions,no. of affected users/ranks, and any other factor necessary which their current proposal may need.

Contest will be unrated if a lot of people got affected. Else, they will try to find a optimal/fair approach to keep contest rated. Rest assured, they deal with this sincerely.

2 Likes

hmm, seems like there’s no option left without waiting.

1 Like

exactly what I wanted to say.

Why not rejudge the solutions and make the round rated? :confused:

2 Likes

@ista2000 I agree with you. If the number of discrepancies are low, then the contest should be rated.

Reasons:

1)Round should be rated.

2)Why do you answer for your own questions?for karma?Don’t you know that this is against the rules?

Posting multiple answers for same question is against the rules which you have done so many time till now.

1.show reasons why the round should be rated? Did you see the link I gave? many commented against the round being rated. see vijju’s comment there, what will you say about this?

"You wont say that if you get a decrease in rating and others (who are worse coders than you) get high increase by brute forcing.

Better unrated than unfair.

I think, that free roll suggestion is really nice and should be implemented."

2.I didn’t know you get karma for commenting! give me the link where that rule is.

you are just a lame person who just think of himself and don’t think the problem of others.

1 Like

just a simple question, do you do contests on codeforces?