doubt about acm icpc 2017

I have many queries about the ACM ICPC.

1.What is the role of coach??

Does the coach have to accompany the team to the onsite regional round to the center???

2.What about the 3 members and one reserve member??

What will be the role of the reserve member???

Will he be present in the onsite round ???helping the team programming???

3.Share some of the experiences of the ACM ICPC contest (online round and onsite round)???

4.How to practice for the online and onsite rounds??

Please help to clear my doubts.!!!

I am interested to take part in the ACM ICPC 2017.

4 Likes

1.What is the role of coach??

Ans:- Here in India, the role of the coach is not considered very important as it should be.

2.Does the coach have to accompany the team to the onsite regional round to the center???

Ans:- No, not necessary.

3.What will be the role of the reserve member?

Ans:- In a broader sense no use, until one of your member is not able to come to the onsite round. (As far as I know.)

4.Share some of the experiences of the ACM ICPC contest (online round and onsite round)?

Ans:- food is awesome. You get practice sessions of 5hours or 3 depends, one day before the actual competition. (Kolkata Region)

5.How to practice for the online and onsite rounds?

Ans:- To practice one can go to ICPC archive and solve the problems there and last year ACM-ICPC regionals and online contest problems on CodeChef.

Edit:-
6.Yes, goodies will be given depending on the site. T-shirt, Notebook, and Pen are given in general. One of my friend won an Apple Ipad. (at Kolkata site in a lucky draw.)

Hope this helps!

Correct me, if I missed something.

5 Likes

okay so clearing rest of your doubts, reserve member is not necessary to have. But if you have one he cannot help you during onsite contest. Certificates will be provided for onsite participation.reserve member will get certificate but reserve will be mentioned against his name. reserve member is like a back up for your team.
hope it helps.

2 Likes

You mean 2018 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

thanks @sandeep_007

but some more doubts…!!

Will the reserve member be present in the onsite round if he wants to come ???helping the team programming???

any certificates are given to the participants in the onsite round???
if certificates are provided will the reserve member also gets it or not???

whats are the goodies given to the teams in onsite round??

it should be 2017-2018 i guess

it would be better if u plz elaborate the reserve member point i mean is it necessary for reserved member to accompany team onsite?

thanks @aadeshrathore

It should be. What if one of the member meets with accident at the on-site venue? What use will reserved member be if he doesnt accompany?

can the reserve member come to the regionals along with the team? also can a student be the coach?