Codechef IDE showing 'submission limit reached' ?

I always do code editing using the Codechef IDE. However, since a few days it keeps on showing an error ‘Submission Limit Reached’ and then the submit button becomes unresponsive for a few moments. When the button becomes active, then only after a few more attempts the solution is compiled and run. This makes the use of Codechef IDE very frustrating. What is the cause behind this?

15 Likes

I never faced this issue may be because I don’t use it much… But If you think it could be a possible bug then feel free to mail on bugs@codechef.com. I have heard they do not take much time to reply there… :slight_smile: Hope this will help.

It happens in 3 cases-

1. When there is a long queue of submission for judge, eg- during contest. Never use codechef IDE during shot contest, except to check for undefined behavior as it takes lot of time to give result.
  2. When there is slow/unstable net from your side. Other errors you may get are “Judge has some issue”.
  3. In rare cases, a genuine problem with judge.
5 Likes

yeah, I’ve also faced that issue. Frustration increases more when the contest is going on.

6 Likes

I am also facing same problem, after resubmitting an answer

There is a refresh option available in most of the browsers please try using it :slight_smile:

18 Likes

I also encountered this. It seems like CodeChef has put a limit that one participant can submit only one solution in 2mins.

It’s 25 seconds as much as I remember

Sometimes, this error is shown when your chosen language and the language in which you have written the code are different.

5 Likes

may be you have selected different language like you have written cpp code in python. first refresh the page then select appropriate language.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve also faced that issue. But in my case it is resolve by refreshing the browsers after 2-3 minutes.