MY codechef rank decreased for no reason!!

My rank went from 15k to 63229 in just one day. I don’t know why this happened @admin Pls reply!!

Maybe it’s because you didn’t solve a single problem in the last contest you participated in.

1 Like

Apparently you submitted a solution in September Mega Cookoff (cook86). Even though it was an unsuccessful submission(Wrong Answer), it still makes you a participant and thus you are assigned a rank, which is the reason you took -184 in rating and the fall in overall rank.

Here is the solution that you submitted: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

You can look into my account . I was in the same situation that you were in a few months ago . Although I do recovered upto 4 stars but I am down again to 3 . The only thing you need to do now is practice more and don’t lose interest .

1 Like

Yes!! 15k to 63k dont you think this is a little too much!!how much time It will take me to get back!!

Rating Mechanism | CodeChef this is how they calculate your rating. And just perform good in the next one you will get back there in no time.

1 Like

how much time it will take me to get back ??Any idea?

solve 4-5 questions in the next long challenge and you should be back up there.

just keep solving and learning and try to solve 2-3 questions in the next lunchtime which is on 30th of Sep. Good Luck!