Request To Codechef to NOT TO DECREASE RATING..!!

If a person performs better than the previous one his rating increases ,its very good.

But if a person does not perform better than the previous one his rating decrease ,I think that this decrease

should not be there but it should be constant ,i.e, if a person does not perform better than the previous one

his rating should not be affected and remain the same as previous one.

Some people make new id’s so that their previous id’s rating does not decrease so making of 2 id’s by a person increases i think.

Some people don’t do contests because they think that if they will perform poor then their rating will decrease.

So, I just wanted to say that this system should be removed and rating should be constant for poor performance

1 Like

Nope, bad idea.

This will not be good .

People get motivation to perform better than before because of this system . If there will be no penalty in performing poorly , it will decrease the will of people to try a little harder . If there is some penalty involved , people will try their best to avoid it and in the process will learn new things .

The people who make fake id’s will face the consequences as it is clearly mentioned in the guidelines .

The choice of doing or not doing the contests is the decision of the person . If he/she has to improve himself , he needs to take chances . Even the setbacks teach people their mistakes .

2 Likes

Its evident that you did not thought over this a lot.

1. Some issues like rating inflation immediately vote down this idea.
  2. This system isnt that bad that you need to propose taking it down.
  3. Some people make new id's so that their previous id's rating does not decrease so making of 2 id's by a person increases i think. . Thats illegal and not allowed. If you find anyone doing this, let us know and we will suspend both his accounts :slight_smile:
  4. I feel your idea will lead to coders who have coded for longer duration have a clear upperhand even if their skills are just mediocre (eg- Got lucky in some contests and now have wya more rating than new people who are better than him).
  5. Some people don't do contests because they think that if they will perform poor then their rating will decrease. Thats a valid point, but I personally request everyone not to look at it this way. Dont hold something as temporary as rating too dear to yourself! Whether they fall or rise, its sure that YOU are going to rise if you participate. Thats my personal appeal :slight_smile: