IIT Bombay event - all questions copied from codeforces

PLAGIARISM

5 Likes

Are the organizers even from IIT Bombay ?
Cause this was never expected, at least not from IITB.

9 Likes

Directly same questions should not be asked in contests.

7 Likes

IIT Bombay! Not expected from you guys!

17 Likes

IIT Bombay ! U should have taken some time to prepare good questions instead of copy pasting !!

4 Likes

These things should be prevented so as to avoid cheating.

7 Likes

even the sample test cases are the same :confused:

7 Likes

I have seen at most one repeated question but here is the mother of all plagiarism .

21 Likes

Questions should be made with little modification but not exactly the same

7 Likes

Very disappointed to see @meooow supporting cheating , he submitted his first 5 solutions within 5-7 minutes, very disappointing to see a moderator of codechef forum supporting this without reporting such act!
P.S- he cannot solve 5 questions in 5 minutes

wanted to up vote this post, but cannot , but I support IITB should be banned from code chef.

15 Likes

codeforces solutions should have been made not visible during this contest I think

4 Likes

@spp____ not possible to do so , and why bothering to do so , how can you copy questions? Codechef rules clearly states that it all its contests needs to have genuine questions and not copied when you apply for hosting an event.

3 Likes

@striverlearner of course I cannot solve problems of this difficulty this fast, if at all. At first I was wondering the contest is a joke :stuck_out_tongue:
Yes, it is not allowed to have problems from other contests in open contests on Codechef. But there’s nothing I can do about that. The contest should rightly be cancelled.
However, as a participant I have not broken any rules. I have used publicly available code and provided due attribution. If it’s not cancelled, well INR 1,00,000 prize pool for a Google search contest is not something you see everyday :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

yes , but being a moderator at code chef you should have informed code chef about this at that moment, and i really don’t think they are going to give any prize money , as the cheating has been exposed.
p.s- do not have enough karma to comment on the same thread

3 Likes

Certainly disappointing. Also questions need to be verified before uploading. Not expected from IIT Bombay!

5 Likes

I demand admin to scrap this contest off as soon as possible , I wonder a copyright case is on the way against them.

2 Likes

swetankmodi rank 5th in that ranklist , being such high rated people at code chef , we expect you to be honest and report this to code chef , every time prize money is not what you need , honesty should be there.

1 Like

This is really disappointing

6 Likes

what the F???

3 Likes

And i quote - "Plagiarism will be checked. All those failing to pass the plagiarism test will be denied prizes."

13 Likes