You are not logged in. Please login at www.codechef.com to post your questions!

[closed] Scrap off the contest immediately

IIT Bombay should be banned from code chef , I opened the questions , I was just going through and trying to solve the first one , and suddenly noticed after a span of five minutes @meooow had the top spot with 5 solved accurately , I was surprised to see the ranklist , I just googled one of the questions , and got the code forces link , then the other ones also , I did not submit any , but @meooow being the moderator at codechef should have immediately reported such action to code chef and steps should have been taken immediately to take it off air. I wonder there might be a copyright case coming soon against code chef.

Moreover , I demand this contest to be scraped off the dashboard , and IITB although being one of the institutes should be banned from hosting any further contests at code-chef.

asked 05 Oct '17, 21:30

striverlearner's gravatar image

3★striverlearner
accept rate: 0%

closed 05 Oct '17, 21:36

meooow's gravatar image

6★meooow ♦
7.3k720

scrap off the contest immediately

(05 Oct '17, 21:35) striverlearner3★

Do you have some vendetta against me? I am a moderator on the forum and nothing else ^_^

(05 Oct '17, 21:36) meooow ♦6★

unrated contests usually have problems from the past contests, what's the problem?

(05 Oct '17, 21:37) swetankmodi ♦♦6★

how can you close this question , I want the contest to be scrapped off, and yes being the moderator that was on your part to mail codechef, I guess they reply you faster then they reply us

(05 Oct '17, 21:38) striverlearner3★

There is already another thread about this.
And if you have any problem with me being a moderator I don't see how I can help you. Please send a mail to Codechef.

(05 Oct '17, 21:40) meooow ♦6★

The question has been closed for the following reason "Duplicate Question" by meooow 05 Oct '17, 21:36

I Agree that the contest should not have been put on codechef despite of copy-pasting problems. Hope it does not occur in future!

link

answered 05 Oct '17, 21:34

beginner_1111's gravatar image

4★beginner_1111
accept rate: 13%

contest is on till tomorrow, it needs to be scrapped off immediately

(05 Oct '17, 21:35) striverlearner3★

the contest is NOT rated, what's the problem ?

(05 Oct '17, 21:37) swetankmodi ♦♦6★

Yes the contest should be cancelled immediately and new set of problems should be made and contest should be held on some other day

(05 Oct '17, 21:43) spp____2★

held on sme other day , kidding me ? they should be banned for doing such type of things.

(05 Oct '17, 21:46) striverlearner3★

chill guys! contest was unrated! why should they be banned?

(05 Oct '17, 21:49) swetankmodi ♦♦6★

But what is the point in copy pasting-questions ? At least they could have modified the questions

(05 Oct '17, 21:52) beginner_11114★

but the code chef rules before hosting any event clearly states that "questions should not be duplicate"

(05 Oct '17, 21:56) striverlearner3★
showing 5 of 7 show all

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported
  • mathemetical formulas in Latex between $ symbol

Question tags:

×712

question asked: 05 Oct '17, 21:30

question was seen: 493 times

last updated: 05 Oct '17, 21:56