Invitation to ICO and ICPC Preparatory Contest 2

Hello, everyone. I would like to invite you to the second contest of the ICO prep series.

This one is also targetted for ICPC preparation but all problems will have solutions within the scope of IOI syllabus.

Problem Setter: Istasis Mishra

Problem Testers: Shashwat Goel, Tanavya Dimri
Editorialists: Shashwat Goel, Istasis Mishra

It will be held on 27th October from 7:00 PM to 12:00 AM IST.

The contest will be unrated. Hope you like the problems. Some problems will be based on unusual algorithms(I am fortunate enough to get to learn about them myself :smiley: ) that are not out of scope of syllabus of IOI but also challenging for those who are preparing for ICPC. Problems based on unusual algorithms are just the standard problems based on those and also the algorithms aren’t too hard to not come up with them yourself. The point is to learn and “prepare” for the upcoming contest.

The contest will contain 8 problems and you will have 5 hours to solve them.

I hope you enjoy the contest. An all the best for ICPC and ZCO to everyone. :slight_smile:

UPD: Contest link

4 Likes

What an awesome initiative to set up such nice practice conteste before IOI and ICPC ! Thanks for such lovely efforts @ista2000 ! :smiley:

1 Like

Can we participate in teams ?

Nice initiative for the icpc contestant. It will help them for the online rounds.

Please make the solutions public and release the editorials soon. Thanks.

nice contest learn a lot !! thanks :slight_smile:

Like the way you reverse your and your friend’s names(the most funny being Tidu xD).
Btw nice problems…Waiting for the editorials :slight_smile:

Editorial for ISTA2003?

Thank you. :smiley:

When I checked it out few hours ago, it was wikified. Good, cause then I’m not needed here :stuck_out_tongue:

Kkkkkkkkkkk

No, this won’t be a team contest sorry :frowning:

I am sorry for the editorials, there has been an issue with the editorialist :frowning: ISTA2003 can be solved using bitmask DP. A VERY similar problem would be Shil and New Year Gift | Practice Problems

Thank you!