You are not logged in. Please login at www.codechef.com to post your questions!

How was your journey from 2 star to 6 star on Codechef ?

Share your journey of becoming 6 star from 2 star on Codechef or more generally how you became great from novice in CP. How much knowledge did you have at the very beginning compared to at the end. What topics bugged you the most and how you mastered them. How you dealt with demotivation. I thought this post will inspire and motivate other programmers who wish to do great in CP.
PS :- The question is not limited to only 6 star coders anyone feel free to answer :-)

This question is marked "community wiki".

asked 26 Oct '17, 11:20

underdog_eagle's gravatar image

4★underdog_eagle
accept rate: 0%

edited 26 Oct '17, 11:24

When you started coding here you must've thought that 4 star was something special. I bet you don't feel that its special now. Doesn't matter how good you get there are always many people who are better, so its likely that even 6 star coders still feel like they are not special. If a total beginner asks me how I became a 4 star I'll be like- "Ey its nothing great bro there is so much more". So looking at it from that perspective I don't think anyone will answer this question.

It helped me get some peace of mind when I stopped looking at ratings and just concentrated on my learning, now I feel my learning curve has been steeper and I'm feeling confident. Maybe I'll touch that rating, maybe I won't but Coding is a lot more enjoyable when you don't worry about that stuff.

If you really really want to touch that rating, you know what to do ,there is no need no need to ask anyone.

link

answered 03 Nov '17, 01:15

simha's gravatar image

4★simha
accept rate: 0%

toggle preview
Preview

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported
  • mathemetical formulas in Latex between $ symbol

Question tags:

×966
×73

question asked: 26 Oct '17, 11:20

question was seen: 2,408 times

last updated: 06 Nov '17, 19:12