Question copied of November Long Challenge - CHEFHPAL

Chef Hates Palindrome was copied question from a past contest of 2013 ACM/ICPC Asia Regional Chengdu Online Round.

The exact same question was asked in the contest with just a little twist to print the lexicographically smallest string instead of printing any correct string. I came to know about this today only after I returned from college and a friend of mine sent me the link to this question. He first invited me to play DOTA 2 and after a while he sent me the link to the question. Actually he wasn’t able to solve the question and he was looking for some ideas and he accidentally hit this page up. A photo of my chat with him is here:

alt text

I censored a slang word used by him as he was angry on me for choosing coding over gaming. xD

The chat is in our native language Gujarati. It happened today as the date is visible on bottom-left of the chat window. The solution wasn’t on the website, only the question was given.

Here is the link to the problem which he sent. I verified by googling 2013 ACM/ICPC Asia Regional Chengdu Online Problems. The same set of problems are available here. The question was completely copied with just a minor tweak for output.

3 Likes