Android app for codechef with offline support

Support for divisions added

The app just crossed 1000 downloads on play store!

Fridge for Codechef

I just made a free open source android app, Fridge for Codechef, which is my first big project. Basically, during long challenges, I wanted to read the questions whenever I got free time. So this app was born out of desire to solve long challenge questions, in an interface which is mobile friendly.

So, this app allows you to download all the questions from a contest or directly download any particular problem, which can then be viewed as per your requirement. You can easily share your favorite questions and contests, and search for them. This app can associate itself with codechef links to directly open them inside the app.

This is the very first release. Do leave your ratings, reviews, feedback, opinions and feature requests.

Hope you enjoy it!

Edit: Now android 4.4 support has been added so if you have a phone with android kitkat you can also download the app

Edit 2: Now you can set reminder for upcoming contests straight from the contests list

Also do not forget to rate and share the app, if you like it

Play badge

27 Likes

I think you should add more functionalities like showing your rank on the dashboard as you login. And link the rating predictor with the application. Some other useful stuff too. Make it even more useful so that people actually download and use it. BTW nice work!

4 Likes

You can see the code on github at https://github.com/rituraj22/fridge and open issues and star it if you like it

Very useful application.If you could integrate the editorial along with the questions it would be really helpful.

3 Likes

Nice work!!

Dis is not supporting on android v4.4(kitkat) !!
Does dis app needs v5.0 ??

hey use this code in your first activity to resove https request issue in kitkat phones. Actually tls 2.0 is not unlocked in kitkat phones by default so this problem occurs. You can google about provider installer

try {
            ProviderInstaller.installIfNeeded(getApplicationContext());
        } catch (GooglePlayServicesRepairableException e) {
            // Thrown when Google Play Services is not installed, up-to-date, or enabled
            // Show dialog to allow users to install, update, or otherwise enable Google Play services.
            GoogleApiAvailability apiAvailability = GoogleApiAvailability.getInstance();
            int resultCode = apiAvailability.isGooglePlayServicesAvailable(this);
            Log.e("res",""+resultCode);
                if (apiAvailability.isUserResolvableError(resultCode)) {
                    apiAvailability.getErrorDialog(this, resultCode, 9000)
                            .show();
                } else {
                    Log.i("HFJHF", "This device is not supported.");
                }
        } catch (GooglePlayServicesNotAvailableException e) {
            Log.e("SecurityException", "Google Play Services not available.");
        }

You will have to add this ->

compile 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-auth:11.6.0'

to gradle

All the best :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome app ! I remember during college I used to save the long challenge questions in offline mode on chrome browser to solve during lectures :slight_smile: Will be useful for many no doubt !

3 Likes

really amazing dude !! thanks :slight_smile:

Nice app bro!!!

but this makes me think why there is no official app for codechef
also android app for stackexchange as well as stackoverflow jst sucks
why such platforms which are famous for programmers are so dull at making apps
am not criticizing anyone. jst a thought that came to my mind

2 Likes

Once we open a contest and wants to go back, we move to the top of the “all contests” page that is kind of a trouble.
It would be very nice of you if you can fix this thing.
But anyways nice work bro !! Keeps it up.

1 Like

If you make a git repo of this project I can help you to add more features to this.

It is very good work . Thank you very much. But I think the design ofproblem window ,where text of problem is shown, is a little boring . But again it is good job )

How to save questions from practice offline???

And One more request It will be great if the text color would be white instead of grey so the questions can be more clearly viewed.

Rituraj from where you learn android app development? I also want to learn the android app development.

@rituraj22 After the recent updates. For all previous alreday occured contest. Your app is showing contest is yet to start. Add to calender… Plz correct this and update the app again.
Attached screenshot. You can see the arrow > instead of download button.
alt text

i want to add follow button on my site Techzino

No doubt this is an interesting application, but Did you get in touch with admins regarding this?? If not, i guess you should.

Anyways, nice effort

1 Like

I sent an email but they did not respond

I thought of that but my main focus has been viewing questions, will consider adding other features if there is enough demand.

BTW thanks for your suggestion

1 Like