Feedback for december lunchtime 2017- Give your reviews here

Please give your reviews here on the probemset of december lunchtime 2017.This will help me in improving the problemset next time I host a contest.

1 Like

Great contest ! Perfect distribution in level of questions . Good job !

1 Like

I liked the whole problem set. Finally we had a problemset where 3rd problem was not elusive to around 25 coders only(as had been the case of few previous lunchtimes), but was solvable, enough to keep you busy though.

3 Likes

The contest was perfect. I feel the question that finally stretches a participant should be something that motivates them to learn something new. I read up combinatorics and state DP because of it, so it was a win for me. Great job!

1 Like

I liked the problem set. The questions were decent, and as others said, the gap between p2 and p3 was good. I regret leaving p3 because “p3 was impossible in all previous contest- it will be now as well.”

One suggestion is that, problem 2 was quite easily googleable. I understand that it was meant to be an easy problem, but its best suggested that problems arent easily googleable in a contest where time of submission matters.

But other than that, I am highly satisfied with the level of difficulty, the code required and the STL introduced by p2, which are actually rare. I appreciate p2 on that ground.

2 Likes

This was indeed one of my favorite Lunchtimes… The problems were quite good.
Thank you for such a great contest and hope to see many more from you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I missed it intentionally but now i am regretting it after reading comments :-/ . There must be some feature similar to virtual contests in CF.

1 Like

The progressive level and the number of people solving them successfully was almost optimum. One of the better Lunchtimes in a long time even for beginners and experts equally.

Great work @abx_2109

Keep it up! and a Happy New Year!

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I really liked the problem set and the way the level of hardness is distributed. Its good to have contest with problems like that. I face problem in 3rd question but it is easy to solve.

1 Like

Thanks a lot @rohit25697 !

Yes I didn’t intend to keep the 3rd problem so hard because I think it shouldn’t be that hard.
PS : Thanks

1 Like

Thanks @ruddradev . I am glad you liked it.

1 Like

Yeah. I too had been feeling that it shouldn’t be that hard as it had been in last few lunchtimes.

PS: i got huge rating jump :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks a lot @dishant_18 for your appreciation.

1 Like

Thanks for your reviews @vijju123 .

Good set of problems,and having a dp problem before inoi of similar difficulty is useful for people preparing for inoi

Thanks a lot @codesniper99. Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Thanks @codex0196 for your feedback!

Thanks @lokesh2002.