INOI 2018 discussion

can anyone tell how to do the second question two paths

For second one, The observation was that, we can take one path and calculate the total sum without a second path using dp[i][j][k] = min/max(dp[i-1][j][k], dp[i-1][j-1][k-1])+prefix_sum[i][j]. We calculate this two times, once for min and once for max and then we can use the prefix sum intuition to subtract min-dp from max-dp. It’s not clear enough here, but you might get an essence.

3 Likes

so what would be the expected cutoff??

are the cut-offs different for 10th and below and 11th and 12th. I am in 9th and getting 100 what are my chances of getting into the TC.

Are there any chances that cut off for 10th and below will fall to 100

Oh boy , was the second problem hard to get a logic for then,in the center.Anyway I guess the first one was pretty easy ,just basic bfs (or if you prefer,DFS).The second one really took a lot of my time and still I could solve only the easiest subtast of it(the 3rd one only,k=0) and could actually also solve k=m-2 task if I had a little bit more time (enough to copy my code from ide to submit tab :frowning: ) Anyway I don’t think I would be able to qualify with a pretest score of 112 seeing these many people get more higher . Still hope the cutoff somehow comes out in my favour :stuck_out_tongue: .(btw I thought in inoi they don’t have scores based on class/grade in which the participants study in ,right?)

2 Likes

I got 100 - solved the first question. I noticed the k=0 subtask way too late for the second one. I didn’t have time to implement it properly :confused:

I’m really hoping that the cutoff for 10 and below is 100, but seeing the number of people who’ve got a score >100, I doubt that’s going to happen :frowning:

Do anybody know when the results will be published??

The results will be mostly announced within 10 days of INOI…

Can someone please remind me what the subtasks of the problem Two Paths were, and how many points each of them was worth? Thanks…

Results are out INOI 2018, List of qualifiers - IARCS

Can someone share how they prepare for INOI and competitive programming in general

Can someone share problems statement?

I got 200.

148 for 11,12
and 100 for 10 and below i guess

Exactly I did the same one but I made a error in finding dp(i)(j) and I didn’t have time to debug so I couldn’t get get partial in this so my ioitc hopes are down ,I am in 10th standard

I think it would be 112 for 10th and below else too many people would qualify.

1 Like

You might qualify if you are in class 10 or below.

I am in 11th ,btw you gave exam in Kolkata center,right? I hoped to see you :stuck_out_tongue: ,your questions in ico prep contests were pretty great.

istapr0 is the codename

3 Likes