INOI 2018 discussion

Are there any chances that cut off for 10th and below will fall to 100

Oh boy , was the second problem hard to get a logic for then,in the center.Anyway I guess the first one was pretty easy ,just basic bfs (or if you prefer,DFS).The second one really took a lot of my time and still I could solve only the easiest subtast of it(the 3rd one only,k=0) and could actually also solve k=m-2 task if I had a little bit more time (enough to copy my code from ide to submit tab :frowning: ) Anyway I don’t think I would be able to qualify with a pretest score of 112 seeing these many people get more higher . Still hope the cutoff somehow comes out in my favour :stuck_out_tongue: .(btw I thought in inoi they don’t have scores based on class/grade in which the participants study in ,right?)

2 Likes

I got 100 - solved the first question. I noticed the k=0 subtask way too late for the second one. I didn’t have time to implement it properly :confused:

I’m really hoping that the cutoff for 10 and below is 100, but seeing the number of people who’ve got a score >100, I doubt that’s going to happen :frowning:

Do anybody know when the results will be published??

The results will be mostly announced within 10 days of INOI…

Can someone please remind me what the subtasks of the problem Two Paths were, and how many points each of them was worth? Thanks…

Results are out INOI 2018, List of qualifiers - IARCS

Can someone share how they prepare for INOI and competitive programming in general

Can someone share problems statement?

I got 200.

148 for 11,12
and 100 for 10 and below i guess

Exactly I did the same one but I made a error in finding dp(i)(j) and I didn’t have time to debug so I couldn’t get get partial in this so my ioitc hopes are down ,I am in 10th standard

I think it would be 112 for 10th and below else too many people would qualify.

1 Like

You might qualify if you are in class 10 or below.

I am in 11th ,btw you gave exam in Kolkata center,right? I hoped to see you :stuck_out_tongue: ,your questions in ico prep contests were pretty great.

istapr0 is the codename

3 Likes

116 overall. I dont think they should make separate cutoffs.

There were two main insights:

• The intersection constraint will implicitly be handled, since the base points have to be at least K + 1 apart.
  • You can represent a possible solution as the difference of two solutions which have the left region as the 0th column. (as you said, the prefix sum intuition)
1 Like

@kristopher, are you sure? I hope they release it quickly. :slight_smile:

My condition was similar. BTW am I the only one around here who use DSU on the first one? :stuck_out_tongue: