Ratings over Learning?

According to me the first submission should be taken into consideration and the code with same approach submitted later on should be penalized. Well rating is matter of show off and people love to do either by hook or by crook, after all bravo i am such a level coder. College popularity , friends being amazed all the stardom matters buddy. So they prefer rating over learning but ignore the future loss.

2 Likes

@aryanc403 I don’t agree with you. Atleast it is not the case with long challenge on codechef, hackerrank, hackerearth etc. Here(on codechef) the number of submission do not matter. The thing that matter is your successful submission and it’s time.

Well, Ideone has the option to make your code private and we can use that after signing up which will secure code from plagiarism :slight_smile:

Happy Coding!

1 Like

Yes, this is very true. Unfortunately, many new members of the platform are diminishing the true essence of the platform by such acts.

Considering how competitive the scenario is, it should always be kept in mind that Codechef is just an online platform for testing how better one is at solving problems. There is whole world beyond that, just the rating isn’t a yardstick for the same.

I sincerely hope that such acts are dealt strictly with in the future.

1 Like

@ii_siddharth,
all you said is “think before you accuse someone” and some other general stuffs
but you didnt clear the doubt that what happened really
am not holding you as guilty
tell the truth. what happened??
how ur codes are similar??
did you use any online ide?? or shared ur code with someone??

I want to upvote this so desperately but I don’t have enough karma points.

1 Like

I don’t use ideone. I’ve never been a fan of it. Mostly I just code on my computer. If it happens to be a very simple problem I don’t save the code onto my computer: I use this service called repl.it. I really like repl.it, much better than that useless thing called ideone.

What you called “Nakal” is probably theft. These players are the one who just whine over then not being able to level up. They lack the spirit. Do not worry, they system is always there to catch such people and trust me, they won’t go much far. Ratings are mere numbers which tell you how well a player is in the sport. But at a given day, the player won’t perform as he has been cheating all this time. And, FYI, this ii_siddharth has been caught in January Long as well as in December Long, so he hasn’t being playing all this time Codechef did the necessary. So, do not worry Ed Sid

2 Likes

I used ideone because my system not working properly, the mistake i made was, I forgot to make code private, I got into plagarism because of some people like them who are searching for the code on online ide

That will be a good concept. Atleast next time someone think twice before coping someone code. I used ideone because many time codechef ide not function properly

@codex0196 I think that Ideone is not a good option, as its default setting is Public, and trying to quickly test your code, it is very likely that you forget to make code private.

I think there must be some alternate online IDE which is better in this regard.

1 Like

The bloody hell person who copied my code has user name hack_code.

Link to his profile id : hack_code | CodeChef User Profile for Ramu Kaka | CodeChef.

@vijju if you take a look at his profile, he has not a single solution correct and had a lot of submission in which majority are TLE. How can anyone ever think that I have copied his code.

Please take a look and try not to reduce the rating.

If it’s in your code of conduct to reduce my rating, it’s my humble request to suspend the account of this person and make sure he could never return.

There are many better options than ideone in this regard. Codechef IDE, or any other website’s ide which lets you test code should serve the purpose.

I agree and see your perspective dear. But read @swapnilrustagi 's argument- thats the sole crux of the rules.

While systems like Stanford's MOSS can detect direct copy-paste codes, it is necessary to remember that those who know basic programming also, can take the code and just change the structure of the program a bit (like moving some code over to a function) and get by without getting detected.

I mean to say once a solution is publicly available, there are definitely ways to copy it without getting detected. So, it is necessary to discourage public availability of solutions.
2 Likes

Codechef ide being slow during short contests- thats not the issue of IDE but of submission queue. The code we compile, and the codes submitted for problems goto same judge- so if problems have some queue then your code gonna take some time.

That said, I suggest trying out ide of other sites like codeforces.

1 Like

Running code in code-section of any hackerrank problem is the best.

2 Likes

lol@ii_siddharth

or running the code in codeforces custom invocation.
its also best and i seem to use it frequently

Please guys have a sense of difference between answer and comment. If all you want to say is “Great job” dude, then please make it as a comment. Makes job easier for us. Thank yoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is how a newbie learns :slight_smile:

2 Likes