[Outdated] How does the karma system work?

I agree with Anton, as I wrote this post:

[Matrix Expo][1]

and marked it as community wiki, and basically got 0 recognition (according to forum system) for it… And since this is community driven forum, I think all voted and useful posts should be recognized as such :slight_smile:

But, as long as I can give back something to this community, I also don’t care much about karma… After all, if it weren’t for all of you, probably I wouldn’t have learnt much of the things I did :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Bruno

PS: I don’t care about karma, but I care about rankings and records, and I think nobody ever passed the 600 barrier, so, someone just did :smiley: likes Anton’s comment
[1]: Building up the recurrence matrix to compute recurrences in O(logN) time - tutorial - CodeChef Discuss

2 Likes

There in The new Karma system it is written that Minimum reputation to comment is 50 , i am having only 19 points but i can comment. Can somebody explain me.

1 Like

How to earn reputation? Or how to accept answers?..plz help me out…I need to earn reputation to post a question

1 Like

same for me
i also need to ask a question but only 1 karma point kind of makes it impossible

This system does not bode well with beginners. For the beginners would be the ones who require answers, but cannot ask questions because they do not have the knowledge to answer other’s questions & hence, would find it very difficult to attain karma points. Quiet a cliche I feel. Would be good if there be at least 1 question affordable that can be asked without karma points & hence provide opportunity to gain more Karma points if the question was a valid one.

My karma is 1. What should i do so that i can comment to an answer ?..
Please Help…

Every time i want to ask question and ERROR says You don’t have enough reputation & same happens when try to vote answers.

i also facing this karma problem

if u guyz are also facing karma problem just relate it with the karma is rea life…put efforts and u’ll get it back in a way you would not have imagined… HAPPY CODING GUYZ :slight_smile:

I feel like it’s unfair that up-voted comments do not change the karma. Especially when questions about problems are closed sometimes and redirected to tutorial (f.e. DRANGE - wrong answer - general - CodeChef Discuss).

Also I thought that editorials are marked as wiki is some internal rule. I’d like the idea that editorialist get karma, because it’s not easy to write editorial well.

nice explanation

Writing editorials I guess is a paid job , I think that’s why they don’t give you karma for that . That’s fair I guess . But karma should increase if you have helped a fellow code-cheffer anywhere whether under editorial comments , under problem statement comments or at forum . I don’t see up vote and down vote buttons for comments below editorials and problem statements . I think that should be rectified .

1 Like

That sucks - I can cancel “community wiki” mark.

This is outdated, new version is described in blog - The new Karma system | CodeChef

New version - The new Karma system | CodeChef

1 Like

What you wrote is answer, what I wrote is comment…

no sir actually i know the difference. See like i am able to comment here but mine karma(s) are only 29.

Interesting… I wrote to CodeChef team, that there should be description what are those actions, but I thought that I know what “to comment” is, it seems maybe I do not know :smiley:

I just upvoted your answer and now you your karma might be 11.

you can ask questions even if you only have 1 karma