Invitation to CodeChef July Long Challenge 2018!

@admin : Couldn’t understand sample test for Reach Equilibrium.Please provide some explanation!!

@admin: In the problem Reach Equilibrium, magnitudes of the vectors can be any positive real number including zero.(please confirm this)

My first challenge here and NMNMX already became my most hated problem ever. First day I quickly tried brute force on it and got 20 points. Last 5 days have been working on it day and night and improved a lot but still getting 20 points. Is it possible to solve that problem with Python (in normal ways, I got a way to solve it but it’s kinda cheating :P)?

@admin

so regarding the MAGIC_SET problem, does the order matter.

because for {1 2 1}, both {1 2} and {2 1} are sub-sequences but the elements are same. So is the order meant to be maintained?

When will editorials be posted? Can someone please explain their approach for Gears !!

Editorial links for PDELIV and SUBWAY july18 are not working.
@admin

It’s been two days since contest ended and we still don’t have editorials for all problems…please add them

hoping my name in list of authors someday :frowning:
Haven’t got reply on my request of joining problem setting (before one month)…

“Top 10 performers get laddus”. Did Codechef update their rules? I hope it’s just a typo :confused:

1 Like

yeah I also think so because contest page shows different prizes according to division…

PS: I commented on question 17 hours ago but haven’t got a reply still…
Many other people also commented about it…

also maybe I think @mention is not working in comments on problem page…

Do the magnitudes need to be integers in this problem, or they can be any real numbers. (According to the question it seems that they can be any real values but I doubt that.)

I am not having any faith in codechef anymore. Like no reply in 48 hours? No explanation of sample test case…And forget that even @admin is not worried to look at the announcement post once in a day.
Seriously why??

4 Likes

explaining or disclosing P Q will be a spoiler maybe… and hence codechef is not replying… though I feel they should reply that “we can’t do that now” …

We(teja349 and me) decided to don’t add explanation for this problem, I’ll explain why after the contest. Anyways, we added P and Q now.

4 Likes

@pshishod2645 sorry for the delay, I’m a bit busy with my university. Yes, magnitudes can be any real numbers(it’s written in the statement)

1 Like

Thanks @mgch atleast you replied with “You can’t provide explanation, as it may be a spoiler”,. Btw I myself found the value of P and Q by just running a loop of i, and j and checking i/j mod (10^9 + 7), :stuck_out_tongue:

hehe I remember your name… “code_man” XD
reminds me of MMASS question we discussed…
I remember due to username :slight_smile: and our long discussions…

C++ use the fflush(stdout) function

Java — call System.out.flush()

Python — sys.stdout.flush()

Pascal — flush(output)

3 Likes