Invitation to ProCon Junior 2018

@abhist exactly

***1.Will the coding challenge be the same across classes or would vary as per the class the kid is studying in?***Focusing on coding inflates the importance of finding the “right” method to solve a problem rather than the importance of understanding the problem.I have a close friend who is a former Association for Computing Machinery International Collegiate Programming Contest champion from Stanford. The greatest thing he taught me about his ACM championship days was the importance of understanding what problem you’re trying to solve.

You must ask yourself, “Do you even have one?” and “Can you apply the Feynman principle and explain it in a way that others can understand you?”

This friend told me that even in the elite schools, students read the prompt to the coding problem only once then immediately code.

The year my friend won the championship he learned something: even those from elite schools dove headfirst into complicated problems, with code as their only weapon.

Meanwhile, my friend wrote his code only after thoroughly understanding the problem. He used almost all the allotted time to think about the problem. He did not write code until minutes before the deadline.

He became a champion.

He knew that banging out code would not solve the problem, but cool, collected problem solving would.

An excessive focus on coding ignores the current plight of existing developers.The line between learning to code and getting paid to program as a profession is not an easy line to cross.
Final thoughts
f becoming an engineer is what you want, don’t let me — or anyone, for that matter — get in the way of your goal. And don’t let traditional confinements like the educational system slow you down. There are no correct or incorrect ways to go about achieving your goals.

But don’t lose sight of reality while being charmed by our culture’s Silicon Valley romance. This field is not a get-out-of-debt-free card. You have to take the time to build your understanding of the field. You have to become comfortable with the fact that you are a problem-solver and not simply a “fill-in-framework-here” developer. You also must get used to the idea that at any moment you might need to learn a new framework or language, and that you will have to fight for a job if you don’t have formalized credentials.

Software engineering is a lucrative field, but the transformation from “coder” to “engineer” is challenging.

BY THIS CONCEPT I THINK IT IS THE RIGHT ANSWER
SIR

ANSWER NO 2

ANSWER NO 2

For students, common challenges of group work include:

1. .Coordination costs

2. .Motivation
    costs

3. .Intellectual costs

For instructors, common challenges involve:

1. .Allocating time

2. .Teaching process skills

3. .Assessing process as well as
    product

4. .Assessing individual as well as
    group learning

when will the result be declared??

when problems will move in the practice area.

1 Like

Thank you all for participating. We will contact the people selected for the onsite finals by tomorrow. The editorials will also be posted soon.

2 Likes

By when will the ratings be updated (based on this challenge)?

NOTE: If any school student has participated in the contest and solved at least 2 questions, but not registered by filling the form, they may do so by 23:59 IST, 12 August 2018.

3 Likes

Our company is providing an exciting [Kyocera printer tech support service][1] in the USA. Our company was established in 2010 with 50 employees and now today we have 1500+ staff members working in the 15+ branches of our office all over the world. We are the best in Kyocera printer service. Discuss you’re any printer issue with our executives now.
[1]: http://printerissue.com/support-for-kyocera-printer

Our company is providing an exciting [Kyocera printer tech support service][1] in the USA. Our company was established in 2010 with 50 employees and now today we have 1500+ staff members working in the 15+ branches of our office all over the world. We are the best in Kyocera printer service. Discuss you’re any printer issue with our executives now.
[1]: http://printerissue.com/support-for-kyocera-printer

Can someone tell me where can I find the editorials?

when I print from my HP Printer it displays a blunder on my screen that printed is an error state. I reinstalled, check the association from the system, yet in addition, they a display blunder that printer in error state. Would anyone be able to disclose to me the answer for it?

1. The coding competition is the same for everyone. No distinction in terms of classes.
  2. The online round will be conducted on 11th August as per the post above. Top X school students will be invited to IIIT-Delhi on 17th August for the onsite finals.
  3. There are several problems on CodeChef available for practice. It is recommended to solve some problems for practice, to get a hang of the input/output format, and in general the concept of competitive programming, if you have no prior experience to that. You can also check out last year’s competition here: Contest Page | CodeChef
2 Likes

Register on bit.ly/PRCNJR18 to participate. We wish you all the best for the contest and hope you qualify for the onsite finals!

2 Likes

The qualification for the onsite round is for the school students only. However, you can participate in the online round as it is open for all and rated for Div-2.

2 Likes

The ratings will be updated after the august long challenge.

1 Like

The problems have already been added to the practice area.

2 Likes