Missing programming language when submitting

Hello,

Why some programming languages are not allowed for the problem TWOTREES? I have implemented my solution in C++ just to see that it is impossible to submit it :slight_smile: Is it easy to add this missing language? If yes, could you please do so? Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, This because it is from ACM ICPC (CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone), and the languages there are limited.
It’s definitely not an issue to add the other languages, but I’m not sure if that is the correct thing to do, because these problems serve as practice for future ICPC participants, and it’ll be better to allow only these restricted languages for that purpose. We will discuss this and take a decision.

Edit: Understood only now that C++ is not available. That’s not intended and we are looking into this.

Understood only now that C++ is not available.

Thank this mod for this :stuck_out_tongue: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

C++ is allowed in ICPC of course, and it was allowed in this particular contest as well as can be seen from the submissions. My guess is that C++14 was not added as an available language for these problems, and somewhat recently when older C++ compilers were removed entirely throughout the site these problems were left without any supported C++ compiler.

1 Like