SEPT18 - Problem Discussion

Wanna ask on approaches to CHEFLST and FACTORIZE. Did anyone here complete those 2? Please share your solutions, they bugged me for a long time

I like the problem ANDSQR. It helped me learn Segment Trees. Though I could not solve it, I learnt a lot from it.

I solved both BSHUFFLE and TABGAME after observing patterns in the test cases. I did not get an intuitive explanation for either (maybe for TABGAME). Interested to see the editorial.

1 Like

How to solve BSHUFFLE?

1 Like

The problem BSHUFFLE finds a mention here.

2 Likes

I used Mo’s algo too…

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/20170621

Can someone help with the Factors problem, please?

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/20202540

PLEASE HELP,USING LONG LONG INT STILL GETTING 10.
APPROACH USED: Total pairs-(Pairs having odd Xor)-(Pairs Having XOR=0)-(Pairs Having Xor=2)

Hello,

Is there any editorial for BSHUFFLE ?

Thanks.

Can anyone please tell me what test case I’m failing for this [problem][1]

[My solution][2]

Thank you
[1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
[2]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

I don’t understand why good problems do not get editorials. Waiting for the editorial of SAFEPAR(AUG18) till now and again for this contest too :(. I think many people dislike this part about the challenge.

3 Likes

What is Wrong in my solution of Chef and Adventures September long challenge 2018.Thanks in Advance.

How to solve CHEFZERO problem?

can anyone explain me how to solve the table game question for 100 points ?

whats wrong with my xorier
[link text][1] [1]: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Convert to long long int. Your AC.

return n*(n-1)/2-odd * even; // in range of ~ 1e10.
1 Like

I learned MO algorithm but was unable to come up with a soln.

I have asked @admin to move the editorials, they should be there soon, except for the 4 problems I mentioned in announcement thread. :slight_smile:

A good sqrt solution has a reserved spot in hall of fame solutions of this long for ANDSQR. Got any?

You will love TABGAME :smiley: