Facing weird problem lately when tried to access Codechef

Hello Codechef Community,

I’m facing this weird problem whenever I try to access anything on Codechef. It says “Hold right there Sparky!! We have encountered a lot of unexpected requests on CodeChef from your end. We would like to check that you are a human and not a bot. Prove it!” and asks me to check the “I’m not a robot” box.

It is coming all the time whenever I try to access anything on CC. It is really getting annoying to me and @admin can possibly look into this matter or at least tell me the reason for such a weird message coming time to time.

Thanks

12 Likes

Same here!!!

When I try to load ranklist, this pops up 100% of the time. Very irritating indeed

2 Likes

So it isn’t just me.

Even when i tried to search i get this message

It’s one of the ‘challenges’ they use to stop or slow down bot traffic that might be passing through their site.
It’s annoying, but i think they have resolved it now.

same here , but for me its when i try to load ranklist of any contest past or present.

Same Here, It’s annoying…#%#%

Same here!!! Hey Sparky…

Same here mostly during ranklists :confused:

Abb to apun ko lagne laga he ki apen he Robert he

Why “Sparky”? XD

@meooow you might want to ask the same question to the @admin. I’m clueless :frowning:

@aryanc403, I can completely understand your frustration and it is valid as well. But if you were aware of this problems since July 2018, you probably should have told them before instead of now when admins are really busy. Anyway regarding the quality of forum, facts you stated are true and it will be really beneficial to all if @admin will take action on it.

1 Like

@aryanc403 , Yes, we are aware of these bugs on forum and we are very concerned about them. We understand your point. Also, bugs have been our highest priority and this is no exception. We are trying to come up with a better forum, we’ll post the details about it once we migrate.

1 Like

@rituraj22 , this should not happen very frequently now, we have increased the limit. We had to introduce this because of heavy scrapping of data.

@abhijeetpandey the limit is still pretty small for an average user :confused:

1 Like

I guess this is the effect of “CodeChef API Hackathon”.People are creating many projects related to subbmisions and ranklist this might have caused a traffic on codechef. During the September mega cook off (23/9/2018),they had removed “practice” and “discuss” from codechef.So to figure out who is human and not a bot they might have did this thing.