Invitation to CodeChef October Long Challenge 2018 sponsored by ShareChat!

Hello CodeChef Community!
We’re happy to bring to you ten days of intense coding challenge with the October Long Challenge sponsored by ShareChat. Along with the opportunity to boost your ratings and win some cool laddus, there are some exciting full-time job opportunities with ShareChat for professionals across the globe. More details about these opportunities can be found on the contest page.
I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 5th October 2018 (2130 hrs) to 15th October 2018 (0000 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: www.codechef.com/OCT18

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:
Top 10 performers in Global and top 20 in Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: "Laddus" For You | CodeChef. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

4 Likes

the link to laddu page is not working as u putted a dot also at the end of the link

Also , eagerly waiting for challenge to start

best of luck to all : )

What are constraints on array elements in problem distring.

It’s not mentioned in problems section.

Weak test cases for SURCHESS problem :frowning: WA are getting AC’s. Would love to see improved test cases for the so-called difficult problem XD

2 Likes

Congrats @l_returns :smiley: . Your treat is pending :wink:

1 Like

Thanks @vijju123 :smiley:
Sure… Your treat is also pending :wink:

1 Like

No laddus for solving fastest this time??

1 Like

Considering the rate at which they are reducing prizes. After 2-3 contest all prizes will be removed.

And we will see
Prizes: None

1 Like

There is no such thing as “putted” sir.

Why the rating predictor for october challenge is still showing ‘error no contest found’?

Would have loved to see such a comment after contest/not-during-live-contest.

@vijju123 Why? It’s better to point it out during the contest, so something can be done during the contest. Of course it would be the best if the tests were strong enough at the start of the contest…

3 Likes

Well…the reason is because, more often than not, the TCs wont be updated if its past a few days from start as many people “leave” the contest after solving those problems.

And it just encourages more people to try heuristic/non-optimal solutions to pass. Thats the main concern. Perhaps pm it or convey via private means.

2 Likes

And MINDSUM’s solution was basically brute Force. Tho the challenge problem is one of my all time favorite challenge problems, unfortunately it had to have the issue during the contest.