Reschedule ICPC Online Round (2018)

Hello Codechef community,

The ICPC Online Round for 2018 has been scheduled on 23rd October (Tuesday)

My question is - why has it been scheduled on a weekday? Not everyone will find that convenient or suitable. Weekdays involve college, assignments and exams for a good number of people. Weekends are much better - with Saturday being the best (for the past 2 years atleast, it has been conducted on Saturdays!)

I noticed that Codechef has scheduled Snackdown for two of those weekends (20-21) and (27-28). This seems like Codechef is prioritizing its own interests over those of the student community.

ICPC is obviously more prestigious and important and I request the administrators to move it to the weekends.

15 Likes

Yeah I too agree with this point. Our college has semester practicals during that week and it is going to be difficult for us. Any Saturday would be better than a weekday.

4 Likes

I hope that something can be done to shift the online round to a week-end :frowning:

1 Like

As others have guessed, this was not a decision taken by CodeChef, but by the panel of heads of Indian ICPC regional sites.
The dates of SnackDown were in fact decided upon after ICPC dates were finalized.

And rescheduling the dates now would not be feasible due to various factors.

6 Likes

I am not sure if codechef decides the date or icpc authority of India…

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure Codechef gets a huge say in the way things take place.

3 Likes

I strongly agree with your point. We might have our university practical exams :frowning:

Yes. I too face similar problems. Hope Codechef considers our plea.

1 Like

@vijju123 What’s ICPC authority of India?

WHEN WILL EMAIL FOR THE LOGIN ID AND PASSWORD FOR ICPC ONLINE ROUND COME?

1-2 days before.

I understand that rescheduling is no longer logistically possible.

But a kind request - from next year onwards, please make it a priority to schedule the online round on a Saturday/Sunday. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes