CHEFADD - EDITORIAL

Thank you for your highly insightful editorials! I remembered your editorials from ICO prep round and previous contests which helped me improve my dp. Because of it I was able to solve this question. Please keep posting these lovely editorials. :wink:

2 Likes

Problem in Practice Section is not visible.

2 Likes

@taran_1407 : Iterative Solution

Awesome Editorial just loved it :slight_smile: learnt something new

Hey,
For the test case 369 428 797, can you please explain why pairs like (1,796), (2,795) … (795,2) (796,1) valid?
After all, they are obtained by shuffling some bits in A and B. Can you please point out where I am getting confused?
Thanks

"Important thing is, that If we add two bits at a position, there may be a carry forward to next bit. This means, that bit to be chosen at the next significant position is dependent on carry-forward from the previous position. This means, that we have to approach the bits from least significant bit to most significant bit.

So, Suppose we need to have a bit at current position to be x, with carry-forward cf from the previous position.

If x is same as cf, We can either have the current bit set in both numbers or none of them. Because if we choose to have set bit in exactly A or B at the current bit, the current bit will get flipped, resulting in A+B≠C.

If x is not same as y, we have to flip the current bit, which can be done only if exactly one of the A or B have current bit set, which will lead to flipping the current bit."
@taran_1407 @vijju123 can you please explain these bunch of statements with an example.

tester solution

This solution is showing runtime error(sigtstp)
I think its because of declaring such big array.
Its having time complexity of O(10^9).

What is the brute force approach that would solve one sub task?

@taran_1407 In recursive function, if we add an extra condition bit_a==0 && bit_b==0 return 0; produces WA. Can anyone explain the reason?

tester program give time limit exceed @admin

Again… XD

Fun Fact - @l_returns is the first person to comment on this answer.
Mega Fun Fact - @tarini_1407 and @taran_1407 study in same college.
So @taran_1407 you have got one teammate. Search reduced to finding one more. xD

Fun fact 3 - This statement is worth reading. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

I guess @taran_1407 has a huge female fan following in his college

I expect one of my friends is pulling this prank on me. As far as I know, There is no Tarini in my college.

So, teammate search continues.

@vijju123 and @aryanc403 XDD

1 Like

lol. Someone using his powers.

Click to view

alt text

Click to view

alt text

Thats because it will spam the editorial. 1-2 jokes are fine but that answer simply opens up a new road to spam more and more XD. I dont have issues of it using my name, but the fact that it will spam the editorial unnecessarily - I consulted taran also before removing it.

1 Like

Hi @vijju123,
Please don’t disappoint me and you can convert my answers into a comment on @tarini_1407 answers. Sadly, I don’t have powers to do so. :frowning:

There is no Tarini in my college. lol. You have searched your college database?

XDDDDDDDDD