Invitation to CodeChef December Long Challenge sponsored By ShareChat

Well, what a day to start the Challenge , The Avengers 4 trailer is out . Hope the contest is balanced like everything should be. xD

2 Likes

@admin

Why not let user select on how many(/which) subtask he wants to run his code ?

This will boost submission waiting time and load on codechef server very much !!

I have posted a blog on Interactive problems, which you may refer here!

2 Likes

Is that challenge unrated?

Just curious. When challenge problems are recalculated on all test cases after the end of the contest, does the system only use the last submission from each participant, or maximum from all submissions of each participant, or something else (like the last AC submission if any)?

1 Like

When can we expect the editorials to be out?

P. S. According to this, the editorials are done 5 days before the contest starts. So why aren’t they released just after the contest ends?

1 Like

When will the editorials for BHD, BICONT and WKPLAN be out?

Because he knows me better than you :).

To everyone else- Yes, @taran_1407 is officially pissed because of no @tarini_1407 in the statement. @mgch , requesting you to please keep that in mind in future.

Either @mgch will do our task else we are here for creating one easy question :P

Whats up with this obsession xD. I dont have any fancy quotes which @mgch can cite publicly. xD

@aryanc403 yes, we have the problem of weak test cases. But more test cases and CC queue is going to be long. So, seems only the way is to give output-only problems. CHFIDEAL really has no test data.

“And I have 2 more memes on weak test cases lined up.”

P.S. I heard that you have memes. But someone said that you had 10… So, I just tried to save your time.

Hmm, it’s interesting idea. But who will use that & the sense? It’s easier to select the full problem.

1 Like

yes… it’s easier to select full… but sometimes when number of subtasks is large then it would be much more convenient(for server as well as for user).
When user know it gonna be TLE, SIGSEGV in next subtask or he is getting wa in only a particular subtask.

@l_returns Yes, I understand. But I guess not many people will use it fairly

1 Like

No1 will actually opt for this because, well, why should I constraint my solution? Unless there is any penalty for too many wrong submissions on full subtask, why risk the 1 percent chance that my unintended solution actually passes? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

C’mon, even you know thats a very cheap way of framing a quote on me :confused:

1 Like

yes true @mgch and @vijju123 , agree.
But , he can always submit it on all subtask once his intended subtask passes…
But till then when he is getting a lot of wa’s / runtime errors , he will use it for speed.

@l_returns You can’t prepare in the last moment before acm-icpc, it’s not exams :slight_smile: Some teams preparing for events like acm-icpc everyday for years.

2 Likes

@taran_1407 it’s coming.

yeah true… am also preparing since one year :slight_smile:

After seeing interactive problems -“I don’t feel so good Mr mgch” :xD