Invitation to CodeChef January Cook-Off 2019 sponsored By ShareChat

Greetings CodeChef community!

I invite you to participate in CodeChef’s January Cook-Off 2019 *sponsored by ShareChat**. This short contest lets you solve 5 problems in 2.5 hours. The contest problem statements will also be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese. This contest is open to programmers of all ages and skill levels across the world.

All participants of the Cook-Off will be eligible to apply for jobs at ShareChat - India’s fastest growing social network. Visit the contest link for more details.

I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 20th January 2019 (2130 hrs) to 21st January 2019 (0000 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/COOK102

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 10 performers in Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: "Laddus" For You | CodeChef. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

1 Like

Need to give as below difficulty levels.

• Easy
  • Medium
  • Hard
  • Expert

But I saw many COOKOFF’s were just first Question was solved by 90% of people. Second Question ,even not reaching 10% of people.

Need to change in the difficulty levels. Thank you…!!!

Fastest fingers first will get good rank…!! All the best…!!

2 Likes

I think ,the incoming Jan 2019 COOKOFF follow above ones…Is it???

Many people are complaining about difficulty levels. So I will start my rant. xD

From my side, which many will disagree and they should.
I nowadays like imbalanced difficulty especially if I’m one of those who won the Fastest fingers.
Biggest rating change I see are those contest which has imbalanced difficulty this gradient.
I became CM on cf due to this.
As far as today’s round is concerned.
I made a typo which cost me one penalty and ~270 rank <=> -120 rating pts.
I was one of those who submitted problem in first 7 mins.

I really enjoyed solving the second problem. I got AC on the first submission. And that was worth solving it. => I got ~30 rank <=> +110 rating pts.
Overall I gained +230 pts by solving this single question (+ some laddus :P).

By seeing tags on editorials It seems worth solving the rest of the questions. Although I don’t know when I will do that :stuck_out_tongue:
I generally don’t complain about difficulty gradient until and unless questions are solved by many people. Because for me difficult question brings with them a room full of learning.
But difficulty and extremely difficult are relative terms.