Invitation to CodeChef February Long Challenge 2019 sponsored By ShareChat!

Greetings CodeChef community!

Come participate in CodeChef’s February Long challenge sponsored by ShareChat. This is a 10-day contest that invites participants to solve 7 problems and 1 tie-breaker style challenge problem. The contest is open to programmers of all skill levels. The contest problem statements will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Participants of Long Challenge also have an opportunity to apply for job openings at ShareChat - India’s fastest growing social network! Visit the contest link to know more.

I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 1st February 2019 (1500 hrs) to 11th February 2019 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/FEB19

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes: Top 10 performers in Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: "Laddus" For You | CodeChef. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

4 Likes

It is very pathetic to see that some questions haven’t been framed properly and need clarifications , but when questions regarding clarifications are asked , the questions are deleted without giving reasons for so , why do you people add such kind of vague questions ?

3 Likes

Tears in my eyes.

I had performed miserably in long challenges when I started cp. Now,all dots are getting connected ! I will always remember this Long Challenge as the one which made me reach Div.-‘1’ for the very first time.

Excellent Chef <3

Excellent Problems <3 <3

Thankyou for all the contribution, Codechef community :slight_smile:

Hello,

Will it be an editorial for the challenge ( CHORCKIT ) ?

THanks.

In previous long challenges Top 20 performers in global and Indian category used to get laddus .Is it reduced to 10 this time?? and if an Indian ranks within top 10 in both Global and Indian category then how will the laddu be distributed in the Indian category .

Have you even asked your doubt in comment section ? A big NO!
Problem description is unambiguous and complete.
Is this discussion forum is a place to discuss a problem from live contest ?

1 Like

calm down bro ,
well, ambiguity of problem should be decided by the solvers coz every problem creator will obiously defend himself. I never asked for discussing problems but rather clarifications , which problem settlers seemed to forget . Regarding comment section , from past two challenges , I have been posting in comments sections , but responses from problem settlers forced me to drag myself here.

I expect you people to test our coding logics but only after giving proper information .

2 Likes

I believe we have provided you enough information and complete description of a problem.
Before posting anything about live contest here, at least you should ask your doubt in comment section.
Well, once you solve the problem, you’ll understand everything.

1 Like

Hi @harshraj22

Before starting my argument I hope you are a man of enough general sense to understand that your posts gets deleted if it seriously violates discussion rules.

The setter verified that you did NOT ask in comments for clarification and posted at discuss, which is NOT a place to discuss such things. Further, I did not find your doubt genuine either.

Please abide by spirit of contest - the penalties elsewise are firm and irrevocable.

Regards
@vijju123

1 Like

hello @vijju123, discussion is already over . Please don’t try to restart it . As far as asking in comments is concerned , I guess you didn’t read my early comments where I clearly stated the reason . As far as finding doubts genuine is concerned , it depends on people to people ,no comments on that. And please stop terorising people by showing your power for penalties and other stuff …

2 Likes

its_true_!

I support @akil_av17
The question is complete and unambiguous(I am solver)…
Also @akil_av17 is very responsive to comments… It’s your fault if you don’t try asking the question in comment section first…
I would have understood your point if no one replied to you in comment section for a day when your question was relevant…
Also I liked the problem statement of @akil_av17… I believe it will improve my understanding skills if I try solving such questions…

@harshraj22 -

As far as asking in comments is concerned , I guess you didn't read my early comments where I clearly stated the reason .

Your reason was insufficient.

As far as finding doubts genuine is concerned , it depends on people to people ,no comments on that.

Please fix your thinking here. Things go by standards and by rules here, and not based on what any random user thinks. Rules are rules and are objective, independent of your “thinking”.

Its an easy decision, I find your thread against rules, I deleted it. :slight_smile:

Apt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Its confusing and more confusing as I ranked 11 in India

Mailed them for clarification. Hoping for a reply