Chef and Magical Jars| Video Editorial| (MAGICJAR)

Problem: Chef and Magical Jars
Code: MAGICJAR
Video Editorial: LINK

Video available at 3:00 PM

The contest has been extended by 2 days. You are requested to delay the premier by 48 hours.

2 Likes

Super Quick :stuck_out_tongue:

Rectifying mistakes is OK,but extending the long challenge by 2 freaking days?! So unfair. 1 day can be understood. And this has happened so many times before as well. I request you to not make long challenges into “Super Long Challenge” :frowning:

2 Likes

Done! thanks for the info

Thank you for quick action @ulti72.

@karangreat234 : We completely understand you. We will make sure that the extention of contest is avoided in future.

Long challenges have become miserable… Every month it keeps extending…

1 Like

I genuinely dont understand why there is so much apathy towards extension of long challenge. And the only relevant reason I found was “We want to see editorials and upsolve.” . Apart from that none of the reasons made sense.

One more rant(reason) from my side
The contest was technically over for me 5 days ago.
These 2 days will basically cost me ~10 ranks and few laddus. :stuck_out_tongue:

“Everything in this world has a date and time of completion”.If things are not completed on time, it reflects how responsible Codechef is.
I’ll explain how painful it is for Div-2 participants. There are 15k+ participants submitting solutions to challenges. If a guy devotes all his 10 days and reaches rank of say,3k,after an extension of 2 days, it will change to 4k. Now, just think, what does he go through?(guessrt had 350+ submissions on the 9th day of the contest).Submission rate increases rapidly as more days promote more cheating and discussion among students of colleges to solutions.

2 Likes

It even severely affects people with good ranks like me. I spent a sleepless night to make my solution to the challenge problem better and better and better than other 515 people, and reached a rank of - ‘18’ . Now, 2 days more have been added. My rank can go beyond 100 if I don’t keep on optimizing hard for the next 2 days. :frowning: Hope you understand our pain. :frowning:

1 Like

why don’t you use that extra time and increase your rank ?
It also affects me in the same way… but I think all are getting same time at the end and the people utilizing it correctly will get good ranks…

PS: my long challenge was completed in less than one day… It only took me about 5 hrs for getting this score…