Approach to become Good Programmer

hllo kuruma i am a girl n i too like programming. i wanna know tht wht is this competitive programming ??are the y the program which professionals make or …??
n i wanna knw ur approach to ur programs i mean how you solve it??
n are u interested in other things except programming like everyday science,machines,computer n all??
if yes then plzz give me some tips to make me motivated towards these things too. i too wanna be like u:-interested in evrything. plzz…

Want to be a good programmer?

1. Don’t copy others code.
  2. Be lazy and find the easiest way to everything.
  3. Look for trouble and find your own solution to them.
    The syntax,indentation etc. comes later.
    The main thing lies in how you confront and solve a problem.
    Good luck.
17 Likes

YOU WILL BE A GOOD PROGRAMMER WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD IMAGINATION POWER TO IMAGINE PROBLEMS AND CONNECT WITH YOUR REAL WORLD PROBLEMS.A GOOD PROGRAMMER HAVE GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF ALGORITHM TO MAKE YOUR PROGRAM IS MOST EFFICIENT IN CASE OF TIME AND SPACE COMPLEXITY.

1 Like

yes after learning this coding i will be a good coder

1 Like

I have some observation and i maybe completely wrong here. I have seen people (who had started from zero knowledge in algorithms) getting orange rating in an average of 1.5 year, and most everyone has solved approximately 600+ questions. So, consider solving 50 medium level questions of a every topic eg Dp. After this you will able to find the paradigm of the solutions quickly at least and be able to calculate the complexity using meta gaming.

1. get your basics right. basic DSA, complexity finding and maths like number theory, combinations.

2. solve medium level questions and read other solutions as well.

3. try advanced topic and try implementing them. And learn all Advanced DATA STRUCTURES.

4. of you find some cool trick try to remember them and moke notes. apply them whem you find them again.

write more on paper and write less code on editor.

10 Likes

xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
Answers to: Approach to become Good Programmer.Approach to become Good Programmer - tutorial - CodeChef Discuss

I really want to know that whats the ideal approach for becoming a good programmer? Whats the secret to solve the Codechef questions?
Any External links, online tutorials, e-books are welcome.
ANY help will be appreciated.
I also want to know whats the X-factor that your resume must have in order to be shortlisted for Software Developers post.
What is actually required?
Is it theory, is it just practice or something else?

<atom:link href="https://discuss.

xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?>
Answers to: Approach to become Good Programmer.Approach to become Good Programmer - tutorial - CodeChef Discuss

I really want to know that whats the ideal approach for becoming a good programmer? Whats the secret to solve the Codechef questions?
Any External links, online tutorials, e-books are welcome.
ANY help will be appreciated.
I also want to know whats the X-factor that your resume must have in order to be shortlisted for Software Developers post.
What is actually required?
Is it theory, is it just practice or something else?

<atom:link href="https://discuss.

Trees and other Data Structures… and some of the tuff ones like, Ropes, Segmentation Trees, etc. which you will eventually learn after much of your efforts… apart from this you need to build your mathematical basics to the best, to utilize your capabilities, including series(Fibonacci, Catalan, AP, GP, HP etc.), formulas, Probability, Permutation, Combination etc… Sometimes there is a requirement some other subjects(like Physics) but most of relevant information is provided

#include<studio.h>
#include<condo.h>

#include<studio.h>
#include<condo.h>

that was an excellent answer… yes i want to be a programmer. I ignore my grades in other subjects for coding. I like to devote time but was not getting the guidelines. Thanks @devanshug. I was waiting for answer since I posted it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@devanshug : well said, it was very useful. Even i feel the same as @msehgal. good question and a great answer :slight_smile:

1 Like

@devanshug This is indeed a great answer and I hope that @msehgal can get the extra motivation he needed from it :smiley:

1 Like

thanx everyone… for such a wonderful response, I just meant to motivate @msehgal and provide him some instructions in competitive coding… Its good that it is useful to all of you… haven’t thought that the answer will be so acceptable… jst wanted to listen thoughts of other coders @bugkiller, @kuruma, @junior94, @vineetpaliwal, @anton_lunyov, @betlista, @cyberax, @bit_cracker007(Sorry, I forgot to mention your name) to this question, but I dont knw why this question is closed and I dont knw how to start it again… :frowning:

1 Like

now it is open again @devanshug

Now its open :smiley:

three things really amazed me about your story… 1. you first coded at an age of 8/9 year… I just saw some Visual Basic Programs at that age but never tried to write one… I actually started coding at an age of 14 in Java… I never studied C++ (though my college heavily focus on it)… 2. it was Python which brought u back in programming world… which is my favorite… its actually because of Game Programming, I first learned Python… 3. last but not at all least, A “girl” introduced you to competitive programming… 1 in 100 cases that would ever happen

13 Likes

@devanshug, and about 1/10000 she would love me back… Nontheless, she means a lot to me and she knows it, and, as I said, it’s amazing what codechef can do… Also… Hope is the last thing to die :smiley:

4 Likes

I also owe a lot to codechef, codechef gave me a purpose and motivated me to go even further… I can’t express how much I love coding, I put a lot of heart into everything I write, no matter how small or insignificant it is… Being able to share that with other people is something that I will be always thankful for…

4 Likes

@devanshug there’s nothing I can add besides what I’ve said a lot of times, even if I did, your answer is detailed enough…