Delay in codechef long rating ??

More than 5 days have passed and still no update.
why is it taking so long for rating to come out ???

9 Likes

I think there are many cheating cases as were for the last month. So they need to be resolved before the ratings can be updated.

Actually, they are checking the cheating cases. And it’s take time. So that’s why you are not able to see the updated rating. The rating will be updated in 2-3 days.

could it be possible that admin is rechecking the submissions for GALACTIK problem and hence this much delay this time ???

its 5 days…no update still… :-/

3 Likes

another (1/2)long contest can be held in this duration of time . LOL

2 Likes

this was my first long contest…and thanks to this, every last bit of my excitement has been drained…:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@admin , i guess you too are enjoying your summer holidays…never mind everyone needs a break! :smiley:

1 Like

We regret the delay. The ratings will be calculated on Sunday before the CookOff.

NOTE: The July Long Challenge will be updated tomorrow - Monday! We apologize for this extended delay. :frowning:

EDIT: The ratings have finally been corrected and updated. There was a bug in the previous rating calculation. The June ratings have been recalculated taking into account a few more reported cases of cheating. So you may see a slight increase in your rating points. Please send us an email to feedback@codechef.com for any issues.

13 Likes

And also, still missing ALL THESE EDITORIALS!! already so many days have past since contest is over…

• Furik and Rubik and Sub Array FARASA 118 7.26
  • Needles and Pins NPIN 12 2.97
  • Across the River RIVPILE 80 10.89
  • Sereja and Sorting SEASOR 444 64.65
1 Like

@admin : i think codechef should keep some software that may detect at the time of submission if a solution of one user matches the solution of some another user,then at that particular time that user must be disqualified to participate in the contest or for the first attempt to cheat he/she must be warned for submitting a copied solution.This will not only save your time , but also prevent others from cheating…Please reason out if my suggestion is wrong fron any point…thank you…:slight_smile:

4 Likes

@admin what is wrong with you guys?..short contest ratings updated so quickly…long ko lekar itna bhav kyu kha rahe ho?..:stuck_out_tongue:

I am Getting Bored…Still No rating change

@all: rating is updated :slight_smile:

There seems to be some issue in the calculation of ratings. We are investigating this and we deeply regret this to say that it will take us one more day to fix this inconsistency. Please bear with us for one more day! We are sorry.

2 Likes

Gone are the days when the first thing you did on opening your browser,was logging in to Facebook or Googling.
Now its checking your Codechef profile for the updated ratings…:P…

#EagerlyWaiting

1 Like

all we can do is wait .

@a9393j007: the reason for the delay in the rating is that they are looking into some of the reported cheating cases and only after completely looking into them they will be updating the ranking. So it might take a day or two more. I think its not possible that they will rejudge the GALACTIK submission.

thnx for clarification @ravishanker

1 Like

It’s taking too long this time. Now, even i don’t know what is the reason behind this delay. All we can do is wait… wait… and wait…