Introduction to Graphs: Definitions, Traversal, Depth-First Search

@kuruma hey this is my blog on coding.Just started it. I’ll soon be posting about graphs.Do take a look at it.

3 Likes

@Kuruma ,again one nice,lucid and clear explanation great work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you for this post. Keep up the good work. Yes, the best way to learn something is to explain it to others. Thank you for your lovely post and i hope you have a good day you beautiful human being!

1 Like

Nice work kuruma…keep it up.It was written in a neat and crisp way.This tutorial was required by many newbies. One can expect people implementing this tutorial’s code from the next contests :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awesome post !! Easy to understand and really good for a beginner . .

I tried my hand on implementing some of the graph algorithms in python and I’ve uploaded it on github link , if someone wants to go through them , its available . It might be a bit messy though , I’ve tried my best to make it look good and readable . Hope it helps !!

to ADMIN staff, pls pin algo tutorials like these on static algo tutorials page. topcoder has that

1 Like

Have a look at this blog it contains nice stuff on graphs and trees…

1 Like

i am not getting what is sz_connct_compt is? could u please explain me?

The best Explanation of Graphs, I have seen so far.

I did not attempted the Graph Problems, as I was thinking that it was not my cup of cake, but now I will try it.

Thanks @kuruma

Tanq so much

@kuruma Could you explain how you calculate the number of ways to select the captains? I didn’t understand that part.

Nice tutorial, made DFS so clear as you used it to solve a problem, This is a great help for beginners please continue this kind of tutorials.

following link is be very useful for u to understand binary tree traversal(pre-order, in-order, post-order) in detail including graphs:

This is nice.
A correction. “Vertices” instead of “Vertexes”.

1 Like

Thanks, I will fix this!

Thank you very much @kcahdog I will look into it asap :smiley:

Also, do you know any more problems which are as straightforward as FIRESC? I wanted to train more :smiley:

@kuruma Doing excellent work by writing good stuff.Here are some really straightforward ones
Try the pacman dfs and bfs.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this link @jaskaran_1 and I am glad you liked my post :slight_smile: It is amazing to see my work recognized and I really feel like I am learning new things now!! :slight_smile:

I got AC with DFS!!

And because of the ease of programming, me too, usually (or by default :stuck_out_tongue: ) use DFS!!!