Improvement in Long Contest

There might be few things that can be done in Long Contest Challenge Problem.

1. Successful submission accuracy for challenge problems can be limited to first time successful submission, by the user.

2. Also, the number of submissions for the challenge problem can be limited to 500 or something like that per user.

3. And Some information about the input test case generation is to be given. Since, most of the submissions that one do in a challenge problem, is to know the input format which kind of lame. Instead, of solving the problem with stronger algo one is wasting his time in knowing only the input which is not a good practice.

4. And need better tutorials for the challenge problem. Since, what top coders apply is far more stronger algorithm as compared to tutorials. And I personally, want topcoders to explain their approach especially, for the challenge problem.

Limiting the no of solutions per user is nothing but showing your fear in getting less points in that question,
@sobhagya - what others do in challenge problem to get high score should be used to learn more and more as they use advance algorithm and optimised randomisation, not to strict them to particular no of solutions just to get yourself more points in that question…
on the other hand @mugurelionut always explain his partial point question approach in editorial , so you need to focus on that instead of limiting solutions to others…
hope u r clear now… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@betlista now its a different thread.

1 Like

@eagle_eye Most of the submissions that one do in a challenge problem, is to know the input format which kind of lame. Instead, of solving the problem with stronger algo one is wasting his time in knowing only the input which is not a good practice.

And i know @mugurelionut always explain his partial point question. But, i want others to also come forward. Since, all of them are not sharing the same approach.

And one more thing 500 is not enough? I guess no one can come up with more than 100 logic to solve a problem in 10 days.