}
else
continue;
}
continue;
}
return 0;
}

This is the code that i submitted, and for 31 i am getting 101. but upon submission, i’m told that the answer is wrong, could someone please point out the error in the code?

It doesn’t return result for 1000000 in 5s on IdeOne (mSLgOg - Online C++0x Compiler & Debugging Tool - Ideone.com ), can you provide your result here?

I’m sorry betlista, this is going to sound rather dumb, but what output would you like me to include?

The one, that your code produces - result for that input…

gcc gives no output at all, same as what you mentioned in your answer. it works till 10000, but then, it just hangs.

It’s probably because you check for prime is slow, first switch ispal and isprime checks… Your for loop is incorrect too, for input 2 you return 3, but correct is 2, isn’t it?

swapping the function calls does the trick, it works now, although it exceeds the time limit, to make it more feasible, any hint?

As I wrote above, your isprime function is slow - it’s running in O(n/2) time, even for 1.000.000 your loop is executed 500.000 times…

Try to find out (do some paper work) if you really need to loop up to n/2 :wink: