c++ new standards

I am getting this error. It is my first submission at CodeChef.
I have however eliminated conio.h and is using iostream and have also included “using namespace std;”.

prog.cpp: In function ‘int main()’: prog.cpp:13:15: error: ‘gotoxy’ was not declared in this scope gotoxy(3,i+2); ^ prog.cpp:15:15: error: ‘gotoxy’ was not declared in this scope gotoxy(4,i+2); ^ prog.cpp:28:17: error: ‘gotoxy’ was not declared in this scope gotoxy(y,n+3+j); ^

any help will be appreciated.

y r u using gotoxy()…?? without that the code compiles and runs fine…LINK…mostly gotoxy() is not there in gcc…hope this helps…:slight_smile:

since gotoxy() is not there hope this discussion helps you alternative to gotoxy(); ?

1 Like

Please dont use the turbo compiler…that is not at all accepted any where…Always do with the gcc compiler…i was also once using this turbo…:slight_smile:
happy coding…

1 Like

I think gotoxy is now outdated. Moreover, isn’t it used to manipulate the screen coordinates if I’m not wrong . You may be getting RTE due to array size going beyond max capacity. Do check out your memory allocations . I’m not able to comprehend your code

I submitted it without the gotoxy commands. It shows runtime error. Question: Alien Chefs

then there maybe some error with the code…i saw ur code…pls check the constraints of the problem…n can go upto 10^5…hence the SIGSEGV!!!