A newbie Can anyone help me ?

http://discuss.codechef.com/questions/48809/note-for-beginners

Take a look at this link. Hope it helps you. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

my advise: google CS106A stanford and watch the lectures

10 Likes

i am beginner to code chef i don’t want challeng problems.i will solve easy problems first.

4 Likes

i am also new to the this part…,now only i study the c language basic so pls help me to what kind of problem to solve initial stage???

3 Likes

i am new to code chef… so how should i submit my code ??? plz answer

3 Likes

Just go on to problem page and there should be a submit button on top right corner. Open it and select your code language and submit it. You can alternatively upload your code file and then submit. I would suggest to use codechef IDE, you can write your code there, test it and submit it there itself. All at one place.

6 Likes

Hi guys , I’m Yasaswini and I’m new to code chef .I wanna start my programming right from the basics…could anyone plzz help me out guys…I feel like I’m running out time.

2 Likes

I think the best place to enhance your skill go through ladder of “a2oj.com” which will contain the codeforces problem with varying difficulty first go through ladder A means codeforces problem A then move forward to problem B , problem C and as much as you can It will improve your coding ability simultaneously learn at least one algorithm daily for learning algorithm go through career cup or more easily go through “geeksforgeeks.org

2 Likes

I will add some points which will help you in becoming good programmer. Do Tough problems. Tough problems actually help you in learning new concepts and getting good programming practices. But before going to tough problems you should have the confidence that you can tackle a decent level of question. For that, do easy problems by sorting out to get the ones with highest successful submissions. Get familiar with the codechef environment. Get many successful submissions. Once you are comfortable at that level, try participating in long contests. Competition gives you a boost to solve many problems. Many of the competitions are designed so that a newbie can get atleast one problem. It can be hard at first while trying to solve tougher problems. But try all the options you have like checking editorial, checking other’s code(only for practice problems), asking others for a hint if you are not getting the idea.
Good luck and be a better programmer.

5 Likes

nice suggest from @balista, thanks for sharing the step

Hi and hello everyone,
I have joined in this course from now. Can anyone say how to start a program in codechef?
Because I am new to codechef.

2 Likes

When you will enter the easy section, sort the problems in order of maximum submission and solving in that order, think that if more people have solved it then it is possible reason that it can be a cakewalk or for starters you can choose them and as you proceed you will gradually upgrade your coding skills and will be able to solve them. Starting with easy is quite beneficial, in my opinion you should solve starting with easy. You can always take help from editorials below and under all submission you can see others solution also and that too with varying languages, you will find start learning new ways to solve the given problem and will land in gaining more knowledge and this is “EXPERIENCE” is called which comes with time.

I hope this will help the newbies and they can always use Codechef form to discuss and i think this community has potential to answer every problem.
Keep coding and learning under the shade of Codechef.

2 Likes

SIGSEGV what type of this error

Basically being newbie first of all start from the most submitted problems so that we are aware that most people have checked as u might be seeing in submission list that some codes are correct compare to many submissions. And another thing is that which is must is never give up as it is the need for all of us even I’m also newbie that’s why I’m sharing my views. Thank u

2 Likes

Go to the beginner section and click on the successful submission. The questions are now sorted according to their submissions. Start solving those and gradually move to the tougher problems.

2 Likes

HEY!! just joined over here thanks for ur advice.

hey @betlista thanks man i am going the way u told !

at the same time can you suggest some "Stuff ( mostly for a beginner) " to hone my skill in programming ? i would be obliged for that too ! actually i am into CS but with little practical exposure

i.e to say i am quite aware of the concepts only in theory (fingers crossed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) but not into the pragmatic part of it .

And hey thanks again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@betlista thank you for this good information. Will try to follow it to be a good at programming. :slight_smile:

You can see my answer below and move forward It will enhance your coding skill drastically

Check my links here

2 Likes