ACM ICPC AMRITAPURI ONLINE ROUND

The online round just ended,
can someone tell me how many teams they’ll be selecting for the onsite round !

Thank you.

it’s not rank wise team selection…
it’s firstly one from each college solving at least one ques

2 Likes

I hope we are the only one team from our college and we solved 2 problems only as we started the event very late. Is there any chance if we are the best from our college?

Guys just got the news…
For Amritapuri onsite round, they’re planning to call 260 teams this time… might be increased to 300!!

1 Like

Oh !! nice, but won’t that be unfair, coz from IIT’s and NIT’s many people do well…

Dude…don’t forget IIIT Hyderabad

5 Likes

Yeah lol, especially IIIT Hyderabad… poor lads… so many talents.!! just gonna get wasted and unrecognized…!

unfortunately dude if you are from a IIT or gud NIT/BITS/IIIT you will have harder entry into the cometition even if you are 100 times better than the other getting an entry … i don’t know why but its really a wierd reservation type rule of icpc you have to bear with it and hope that you are from a college with not that much coders :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget IIIT Allahabad too… Almost 45 teams participated from there this year and almost 10 teams have rank within top 100…
But still only top 4-5 will be selected…
Really very cruel judging system…

IIIT-Hyderabad : 5 teams in top 10.

6 Likes

I hope we are the only one team from our college and we solved 2 problems only as we started the event very late. Is there any chance if we are the best from our college?

@gmgoutam , hopefully you’ll be in !!since you’ve solved 2 problems they’ll take you in if you’re the only team from your institution !

1 Like

Yes! Top team from all participating colleges are selected.