How to configure Eclipse to parse a contest?

Timed contests are all about getting the idea about a problem as fast as you can and then implement that idea, run the sample inputs, find and debug any errors and submit at the earliest possible time as you can.

I came across a plugin Eclipse Coder (EclipseCoder) for Eclipse to parse TopCoder problems, but I was unable to install the Python support due to some compatibility issues in the PyDev plugin. Note: I installed it with C++ and Java support.

Q.1. How to overcome this issue to actually install the Python support as well?

Error Message: Missing requirement: EclipseCoder Python Support 0.2.2 (net.fornwall.eclipsecoder.pythonsupport 0.2.2) requires ‘bundle org.python.pydev [1.3.0,2.0.0)’ but it could not be found

UPDATE #1: Got the topcoder plugin working correctly (without Python support) for topcoder problems. Now I am able to write and test locally. Using JUnit test.

UPDATE #2: IntelliJ IDEA users can find such a plugin here.

Question:

Is there any plugin available for Eclipse to parse Codeforces and Codechef contests?

Or is anyone among you going to build one for the purpose by looking the source of similar plugins available? You can share all ideas related to the same, here!

5 Likes

How did you solved that compatibility issue?? I am also having the same issue with EclipseCoder…

@r3gz3n >> I tried many things to sort a way out, but it didn’t work so finally I removed the PyDev support for the plugin just to test it once for C++ and Java. And I’m still trying to have successful Python support. You can try those methods however.

1. For example: Uncheck “Show only the latest versions of available software” while installing and install all the listed ones, so that it matches with at least one compatible package.
  2. Many times, the “calculating requirements and dependencies” part takes too long, so there is a workaround for that. Uncheck the “Contact all update sites during install to find required software”

Try these and leave a response here again.

I installed Luna CDT. Then I installed PyDev, JDT and EclipseCoder and its working cool now :). You also need to install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0( sudo apt-get install libwebkitgtk-1.0-0 ).