You are not logged in. Please login at www.codechef.com to post your questions!

[closed] What IDE should I use for java ?

I know this is not a technical questions, but I need some guidance from java users. Till today, I have done all my coding in C/C++ using CodeBlocks. CB is the best till now for C++, or is there any other tool also available with same charm level for C++ ? I am going to learn java by doing some codechef questions. Can somebody guide me about the IDE that I should use ? I know about DrJava and Eclipse but I really cant compare them, It would be helpful if someone can provide the details about the usage of the recommended IDE. Thanks in advance.

asked 16 May '14, 11:10

hacktivist's gravatar image

3★hacktivist
accept rate: 0%

closed 25 May '14, 23:23

skbly7's gravatar image

2★skbly7
1.9k91724

Since you are starting your programming in java,i would recommend NetBeans

(16 May '14, 12:19) asif_mak1★

The question has been closed for the following reason "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by skbly7 25 May '14, 23:23

If you're a Java beginner, make sure you can write code with a text editor, compile in a command shell using javac.exe, and run in a command shell using java.exe. You'll have to have a thorough understanding of how CLASSPATH works.

The problem I have with using an IDE is that it doubles the things you don't know anything about. Best to keep things simple when you're starting.

There are lots of free IDEs for Java. Most people like Eclipse or NetBeans, but I'd recommend that you give IntelliJ's community edition a look. I think it's the best IDE by far.

It's possible to set up Textpad so you can compile and run inside it for simple problems.

Source : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4559770/which-is-the-best-ide-to-use-for-java-for-beginner

link

answered 17 May '14, 14:13

skbly7's gravatar image

2★skbly7
1.9k91724
accept rate: 8%

Eclipse will be tough to learn . Use BlueJ .It is child's play to use it for java. It is available on both linux and windows.

link

answered 16 May '14, 18:34

empty_life's gravatar image

2★empty_life
accept rate: 20%

For C++ u can use Visual Studio , for Java Eclipse is good and there's also IntelliJ every IDE does the same thing .

link

answered 16 May '14, 12:42

achut1993's gravatar image

3★achut1993
accept rate: 16%

I think drjava will do fine..given the simple interface it offers.

link

answered 17 May '14, 15:19

legislator's gravatar image

2★legislator

I would advice of using netbeans its so sophisticated and if you forget codes of some important function no need to get up and look into ur book again it provides in built help that can get you all the codes and explain the purpose of the code.well its my choice rest its ur decision but i would say you should go for netbeans

link

answered 18 May '14, 11:34

ashwanicha's gravatar image

0★ashwanicha

Follow this question

By Email:

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here

By RSS:

Answers

Answers and Comments

Markdown Basics

• *italic* or _italic_
  • **bold** or __bold__
  • link:[text](http://url.com/ "title")
  • image?![alt text](/path/img.jpg "title")
  • numbered list: 1. Foo 2. Bar
  • to add a line break simply add two spaces to where you would like the new line to be.
  • basic HTML tags are also supported
  • mathemetical formulas in Latex between $ symbol

Question tags:

×2,736
×1,313
×157
×76
×6
×4

question asked: 16 May '14, 11:10

question was seen: 3,637 times

last updated: 25 May '14, 23:23