Go compiler - Options, issues and possible improvements

Go programming language has just started to growing in popularity recentely, and it might come naturally from that, that the Go compiler is still not as perfect as the C/C++ ones…

I was wondering if, as the language matures itself, any improvements on the compiler/judge will be done… :smiley:

It would be of great help as I am just starting to learn Go and having a nice judge where I could practice would be really great :slight_smile:

Also note that there are only 7 pages with Go submissions and only 2 pages with accepted submissions :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Bruno

1 Like

@admin I am recently learning go and thinking to use it in Competitive Programming.
But today’s January Ltime showed that there’s definitely some sort of problem with the go compiler. Cuz when exactly algo was used in C, I got AC which was otherwise a TLE in Go.
Please improve the compiler version for Go, which is 1.15.7 the latest. But codechef is using 1.7

Thank You

1 Like

Please upgrade the go compiler. At present its 1.7 for codechef whereas it is 1.18 having generics in the outside world. please do upgrade