BUG in JULY 2014 contest RANKING

check this one… he did 7 questions correctly (namely CSUB, FROGV, GNUM, SGARDEN, RETPO, DISHOWN, GERALD09) but his score is still 5.63780
It should be 6.63780…

username: @por_ron

link: http://www.codechef.com/users/por_ron

correct this bug ASAP :slight_smile:

1 Like

@grayhathacker the username @por_ron is blocked

my karma -ve :frowning: ( i cannot upvote )

2 Likes

@grayhathacker
He has been removed from the rating process for JULY14 by Codechef.
You can verify this by opening this link : http://www.codechef.com/rankings/JULY14

You wouldn’t find his username there, thats a clear indication. Moreover, I guess that account would have been or would be soon blocked by codechef too. (Might be because of some cheating he might have done)

PS :The answer is based on guess work, complete and final answer can only be get by Codechef team. I would suggest you to email them.

How did u know that this username is blocked?

@ankursmooth, i think now you have the privilege to upvote

july 14 ranking is out? my profile is not showing any such update? why so?

@keyser21 no JULY14 ranking is still not out. He is talking about points table.

@keyser21 the user grayhathacker is talking about no. of questions done(ranking) and not rating

@grayhathacker these things happen only after account is blocked , moreover u can verify this doubt by trying a password reset for that user. u will get “user does not exist” or something like that

PS I know its wrong to check via password reset thing

moreover on some more guesses, i think you would have checked this 5.63730 on www.okrdx.com
I would like to let you know that this site only update the score, it dont have any mechanism to remove such type of blocked/removed users automatically. Due to which you might have came across such confusion.

@skbly7 ,no i was talking about the main ranking on CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone ,

but they fixed it now by removing his username from ranking…

thanks