Algorithm vs Android development

Frnd m a student of b.tech 3rd year, i want to ask about that whether i have to go in Android development (as i have learnt earlier) or Algorithm development… I have only 2 year left in engineering , can i be a good competitive programmer in 2 years if i give my 1oo% ??, I can solve only one problem question everytime, you can see my codechef id here, of till now problem solved … chaman_amit | CodeChef User Profile for amit | CodeChef

I think it depends on which kind of subject you enjoy more. If you like developing Android apps more than doing algorithmic problems, then go choose Android.

I personally think, that solving algorithmic problems is much more fun (doesn’t have to apply on you), that’s why I know nothing about developing cellphone apps. I rather spend my time on solving algorithmic problems :slight_smile: One thing, that you should keep in mind is, Android can get outdated, Algorithms not. But surely, you will take experience for developing softwares on Android, so the app developing skills can be easily transfered to other cellphone OS.

2 Likes

It all depends how much intrest you have in android apps development. For become a good professional in android you have create passion for learning and understanding apps. As I have check your provided link you have done a great task there. Today the android development company hire ipad app developer india who have a good knowldge in coding as well as learning skills.

I think it depends on which kind of subject you enjoy more. If you like developing Android apps more than doing algorithmic problems, then go choose Android.

Acentria Tech ! Web Design Company in New Zealand.

Bhai mujhse bhi programming nahi ho pati, bohot mushkil hai nhai. mujhse na ho payega sab. Mai Uttar Pradesh ka hu, mai bhi 3rd year me hu, CS maine chutiyape chutiyape me le li.

Amm it totally depends what drives you more , its not the matter of what’s more better it’s just what drives you more, its like what do you enjoy more doing . If you like solving problem’s more learn algorithms , if you like have good app idea and want that to happen do that insted just keep doing something everyday i guess. I am junior than you but hope it helps.
All the best