How do I win a CodeChef Goodie?

For obtaining 100% attendance participation reward, can a user’s participation streak start from Cook Off or Lunch Time?

Or will it start from the beginning of the month, i.e., Long Challenge?

For Example:

If a user is participating regularly from June Cook Off 2017, then can he get 100% attendance participation reward for June Cook Off 2017 to June Long Challenge 2018?

Or will he get it for July Long Challenge 2017 to June Lunch Time 2018?

2 Likes

Does this mean that user is eligible for cash prize only if he has been in the Top 2 in past?
Or he will get equivalent extra laddus for this?
And if a user has been in the top 2 in div2. And then in the top in Div1 because is not a first timer so he is eligible for cash?

1 Like

isn’t the codechef laddu distribution too harsh in div2 long challenge. it should be the same as div1 i suggest.

How to paly

Hello, I ranked fifth in the recent February Cook-Off 2019 Division 2 and by admin’s response to this question, 50 laddus are awarded:

Division 2:
IN MONTHLY COOK-OFF CONTESTS
For Global participants
Top 5 from ranklist will receive 50 laddus. Additionally, they get bonus (Bonus = n - contest rank) where 'n' is 6 for short contests.

However, there are no laddus present when I go to the CodeChef goodies page: Screenshot - 01cf162ba3d3021588599dc591e1f436 - Gyazo . Is this a bug, or is there a delay, or am I misinterpreting the prize description?

Thanks

2 Likes

I got India Rank 3 in Feb 2019 Long Challenge and also my rank was 3 in Top Challenge Scorers in the same contest, how many laddus will I get? 300 or 600

3 Likes

Just wondering how much djdolls would have collected until now :stuck_out_tongue:

25 Likes

@admin , How will we know about the 5 randomly selected participants for the Random Laddus prize category?

If i am not wrong, the “goodies” are now replaced by laddus.

Do we get response on reporting a bug whether the bug is inconsistent or was invalid ?

Or you can ask someone to give you one

Please bring T-shirts in stock.

I think we should also get a Codechef Sticker with a goodie

13 Likes

The main incentive of this is to discourage Div1 school students from purposely falling to Div2 for prizes. I will forward it to see if numbers can be adjusted.

Ok , still what are people going to do with 100 laddus when u get 300 laddus in div 1 and u re performance improves.i Guess those who do that are madY

thanks again!

@dhruvsomani dude, I did not have enough karma points so I asked here, I am new to codechef , what do you want me to do?

I think he wanted you to delete this question once you asked it independently for better health of this thread. :slight_smile:

I had talked with @admin about this the moment this issue occurred and persisted for over 10 minutes. No, it will not be counted, even if it were rated. Contest being unrated for other reasons may be included however.

1 Like

@pankaj_chopra I have received 200 laddus for “LTIME58A - Top 5 Random Laddus Division 1”.

So, do they give random laddus? - Yes.

Do they give random laddus to 5 participants after every contest? - I don’t know.